Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Most fun lateral thinking or unusual XP methods redux

Resurrecting this gem of a thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=330966

What are some of the fun things you've done (solo or duo preferably) that aren't the typical XP or farming experience? Anything that involved a bit of lateral thinking. Not necessarily exploits, just ways of interacting with the game mechanics that aren't so obvious.

Examples:
- Fighting near mobs around walls to avoid mobs fleeing
- fearing to avoid summons
- Root + chain clicking undead fear neck for trolls
- etc

What are your faves?
Old 02-10-2021, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Setting up pulls or breaking camp with a high level toon, then switching back to the character I want to play. It's far easier to hold down a broken camp than to break in.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Setting up pulls or breaking camp with a high level toon, then switching back to the character I want to play. It's far easier to hold down a broken camp than to break in.
And then if you die somewhere awkward, you just /consent yourAlt, switch, and have them drag you safely out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:54 PM
Banned

Here is a common tactic among enchanters, but typically not known by new players:

When you are charming a favorite pet that you want to keep rather then kill and cycle pets there are a couple ways to get your pets health back to 100% fast.

1. Camp out while your pet is charmed while not in line of site of its spawn point. When you log back in your pet will have gone back to spawn point and you can recharm at 100% health.

2. More advanced move: Calm or Pacify your pet while its charmed. Break charm with Invis. Mes your pet and make sure it blurs. 5% upticks in health indicate its blurred. Recharm once pet is full health.

Again these methods are well known, but I see new players that could benefit if they are soloing, duoing, and charming.
Last edited by Seducio; 02-10-2021 at 12:56 PM..
Old 02-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, that mention of memblur and pacify!

I just remembered a REALLY fun one for clerics while passing through S RO.

You can faction war the merchants with the Sand Giants. Once SGs get low health, calm/blur your merchant 'pet', memblur the giant so it forgets the merc damage, then finish it off for full xp.

Charming without charm!
Old 02-10-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

None of these are super unique, but I didn't see them when I skimmed through the last thread.

Fighting a gating mob near it's spawn point to prevent it from gating. https://youtu.be/qS3uoIHTu_c the first mob I kill in this video is a gating mob, but he is close enough to his spawn point to not gate.

Using a pet to keep agro on a summoning mob so you do not have to face tank it yourself. https://youtu.be/umuVBewCNgY can do this on cliff golems, for example.

Agro kiting, where you have your pet beat on a mob while you keep casting high agro spells. This keeps the mob chasing you, instead of fighting your pet. Doesn't work on summoning mobs. https://youtu.be/5fsvt1xfuqY did this on an Ice Burrower, which takes forever.

Using a pet to pull mobs through walls in some areas. I think this is mostly an outdoors technique, but you could pull through doors with this as well. Use a /Target macro to get the mob targeted through the wall, do a /pet attack, then keep backing it off until they both pop through the wall or door.

If I remember correctly, the dispel spell line does not have as strict of a line of sight requirement as any other offensive spells/abilities, so you can pull with it in some situations where you normally wouldn't have line of sight. I don't think this works through walls like lull.

Speaking of lull, you can pull mobs with it without needing line of sight as well. Just remove your CHA gear if applicable, and cast lull on the mob until you crit fail.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Spectral Curates (in KC) only cheal when they are in melee range.

You can root them at 40% and DPS from range to ensure they never bother healing themselves.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Banned

I just read an old story about a particular famous rogue who leveled 1-60 entirely solo on a rogue with zero twinking or assistance from anyone. He even went as far as to click off buffs from passing people trying to be helpful. That is just nuts that it’s even possible
Old 02-12-2021, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

I watched castles entire gnoll scroll video.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just read an old story about a particular famous rogue who leveled 1-60 entirely solo on a rogue with zero twinking or assistance from anyone. He even went as far as to click off buffs from passing people trying to be helpful. That is just nuts that it’s even possible
Yeah any class can solo it’s just not efficient.

That’s hardcore
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread