Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Byue, do you realize your federal gov't is subsidizing your fossil fuel industry to the tune of $5,000,000,000 each year? Yes, 5 BILLION a year. That comes out to $133/person every year.

Meanwhile the USA subsidizes $85B for nuclear R&D and another $34B to renewable R&D.
this is very funny, your country subsidize the fossil fuel industry to the tune of 640 billion a year. were you trying to make a point?
Old 02-21-2021, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he was saying Cali has a disaster on this scale every summer

Keep flailing tho
That is what I was saying, and I also said Abbott lied about this and won’t do shit (implying he should)

I’m not sure what the issue is
Old 02-21-2021, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the number I got from googling a website.

Quibble more about cents when you were off by an order of magnitude. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always knew that it was 7 cents, and it is not because it is "metric", lol.

anything before the . is in dollars, anything after the . is in cents and children know this.

How the fuck did you end up with that 7.9 figure for texas?
Sure, a website.

the point is: dumb enough to post it.

tell me again how stupid i am.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaveh, you going to insult your friend for not knowing maths with his calculation that made texas end up at 7.9 ?

not sure how he did this.

plus the main point is that we have freezing temperatures and summers somewhat comparable to texas albeit a little colder (not by much if you take the averages and this compensate, with the average, for having a winter, as well) and our grid doesn't melt like ice cream in the sun.
We do well in summer, when heat is expected. They failed in a once in 100 year Texas blizzard. While it is very very bad that people died due to incompetence, it isn’t analogous to any point you think you’re making. If Canada had 120 degree temperatures nationwide, (your nation is comparable in population, being VERY loose with numbers to Texas), you might see your grid fail

Again dude, not an excuse. It’s an explanation
Old 02-21-2021, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boptop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope
Oh buddy you’re buying the F-35s. Denmark and Norway are, not sure how you think you’re getting out of it
Old 02-21-2021, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is what I was saying, and I also said Abbott lied about this and won’t do shit (implying he should)

Originally Posted by Kaveh :As I said, Texas would rather have electricity cost half what it does in Cali than make sure people have power in a once in a 100 year storm.

So I was saying that Kaveh said the political decisions that led to this is to make sure the cost stay low.

I am saying that with no political decision to make, we have electricity much cheaper than texas to a tune comparable to the differences between cali and texas.

Not sure why you agro and bite.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh buddy you’re buying the F-35s. Denmark and Norway are, not sure how you think you’re getting out of it
we not buying them.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Biden will visit and y’all will buy, what else are you gonna do? Ride elk?
Old 02-21-2021, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We do well in summer, when heat is expected. They failed in a once in 100 year Texas blizzard. While it is very very bad that people died due to incompetence, it isn’t analogous to any point you think you’re making. If Canada had 120 degree temperatures nationwide, (your nation is comparable in population, being VERY loose with numbers to Texas), you might see your grid fail

Again dude, not an excuse. It’s an explanation
Dude, very hot summer have high demands in electricity because of AC.
Very cold winters have very high demand in electricity due to heating.

Jst fucking google and realize average household in quebec and texas uses about same electric usage.

This is getting ridiculous.

Edit: we just don't have a shitty privatized grid.
Last edited by Byue; 02-21-2021 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: edit
Old 02-21-2021, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Kaveh :As I said, Texas would rather have electricity cost half what it does in Cali than make sure people have power in a once in a 100 year storm.

So I was saying that Kaveh said the political decisions that led to this is to make sure the cost stay low.

I am saying that with no political decision to make, we have electricity much cheaper than texas to a tune comparable to the differences between cali and texas.

Not sure why you agro and bite.
What I’m telling you is very simple. Texas would rather have relatively cheap electricity year round than have a functioning grid during a once in a 100 year blizzard, and that democrats will yell loudly but won’t do shit about natural gas pipelines and wells not being “winterized,” even if they were in power statewide. It’s natural that people are angry, but it will amount to nothing. And your energy is cheap because you have rivers and hydroelectric, we would never be able to compete with that unless we went nuclear, which no one ever will. The entire western world hates nuclear for some reason
Closed Thread