Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Default Enchanter’s Guide to Gem Collecting while Leveling

This was an old thread I had on blue that was closed but I’ll do a pre-planar one here

Cliffs of my previous thread:

It would be better to just farm plat and buy all the gems but it is satisfying as an enchanter to farm your own JC Mats and to RP as a gem hunter. Plus this is an adventurer’s guide.

The guide so far:

Lvl 2-6

a pixie trickster - outside felwithe some of the best level 2 drops in the game
useless cloth caps quest - turn in heretic pet in toxx. This quest is possibly a paineel era quest
Fae drake hatchling/ A Fae Drake - according to wiki these don’t drop gems but other fae drakes do and many mobs with the word “drake”in the title drop gems so it’s worth a shot.

Lvl 7-9

A kobold hunter - innothule swamp. Wiki doesn’t have these as dropping gems however I know they do.
A Water Moccassin - wiki has these as dropping gems but when you click link there is no gem table in the loot section of the mob

Lvl 10-15

heart spider group - guktop. Well known gem spot. Good camp for silks and also greed rolls on giant heart spider drops
Lesser Ebon Drake - steamfont mountains outside of Minotaur caves. Gem table in wiki seems reliable
A Harpy - steamfont Mountains outside of Minotaur caves. Gem table in wiki seems reliable
Onyx Drake - Steamfont Mountains. Gem table in wiki seems reliable
A Young Ebon Drake - Steamfont Mountains. Drop description looks incomplete on wiki. I bet this drops gems
Emerald Drake - Butcherblock Mountains. Rare mob near Gfay zone line. Wiki says it only drops two kinds of gems. Will tag this mob when passing through
Fire drake - lavastorm Mountains. Most encouraging low lvl gem drop description on the entire wiki. Some guy made a bold edit saying “yes the individual drop rate for each gem is low but the chances of getting a gem from this mob are very high”
Fire Elemental - Lavastorm. Promising zone to hunt gems in
Fire Imp - Lavastorm
Sisters camp - lesser faydark once high enough. Well known cash camp but good races can hold camp and sell nearby. I always had a tough time holding this camp as an evil race running to steamfont rings to sell.

16-20

A Lava Crawler - Lavastorm. wiki says it just drops bloodstones
A Rock Dervish - Lavastorm. Great looking gem drop description in wiki
Sisters camp - lesser faydark I think xp stops around 17-18?
An Emperor Fae Drake - lesser faydark abandoned druid rings. good gem description in wiki. Would be nice if all these fae drakes were good for something and could at least drop some gems while waiting for sisters camp
Bandit Camp - lesser faydark. Decent waiting list camp for the sisters camp. Pathers range from annoying to lethal here and mobs are slightly tougher than sisters. I don’t remember if gems drop but wiki says they do

21-25
An Ebon Drake - Rathe Mountains. Gem drop description in wiki says ultra rare however a good variety of gems are listed. Seems like a decent prospect
A Basalt Drake - Rathe Mountains. Wiki doesn’t have these as dropping anything but it’s probably just incomplete. Seems hopeful
Fire Goblin Bartender - Sol A bar area. Doesn’t drop any gems however as long as you’re going to be murdering every pre-planar drake, you might as well wear some Drake armor. Drake Hide leggings and sleeves drop off this guy
Fungus Group - Guktop. Never grouped here but with how crowded guk is, I don’t imagine having any trouble finding a group for these. Looks like really good gem drops on the wiki

26-31

Treants - South Karana. Not sure if this messes up any important faction for enchanter content but I will be doing this camp for sure. Both the treasure hunting guide and the per level hunting guide recommend this camp specifically for the gems. The massive amount of gold,pp and vendor trash will help with jewelcrafting
Froglok Warden - Upper Guk. Not sure if you need a group for this level range. Never done camp. Wiki drops look promising plus he drops other unique gear
Singe - Sol A. Not sure if he drops gems but he does drop a drake scale belt if you’re RPing as a drakestalker.

31-39

Various Frogloks - Guktop/Gukbottom. Never leveled at this level range here but wiki says there are a lot of gems on certain Frogloks
Kobold group - Sol B. There are some decent gem drops in here if memory serves

40-50?

The Swarm Mother - North Karanas, West Karanas. Might be able to solo her earlier. High level gem drops. Not sure if these will drop pre-planar but this mob looks like the end boss of gem hunting. This camp comes highly recommended from my thread on blue.
Various Frogloks - Gukbottom. Never leveled here but wiki says there are a lot of gems on certain Frogloks.
Seafury Cyclops - OOT. Nerfed for the plat but probably not the gems. Treasure hunter guide approved
Specters - Oasis, Feerrott, OOT. Great money camp. Well known for gems. Treasure hunter guide approved
Hill Giants - Rathe Mountains. Great money camp. Treasure hunter guide approved
South Ro - Sand Giants. Treasure hunter guide approved however I don’t think there are a ton of these roaming around. Might be a good camp just to add some desert flavor. There are some other fun things to do in southern Ro. Maybe get an ancient Cyclops spawn while waiting for these to spawn.
Shardwing- kill this end boss for the RP. Drops onyx drakescale cloak. Hopefully some gems too!

Please correct or contribute to this guide if you see that I’m inaccurate or missing something.
And please, no trolls allowed! Unless we’re talking about individuals that try to make people feel bad on the internet. Those are fine. But NO OTHER TYPES OF TROLLS ALLOWED
Old 01-26-2020, 01:14 PM
Banned

When it comes to seafury the plat used to be made off the gems. The gem drops nerfed.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

How does this compare to farming plat at level 35-50 and buying the gems straight up.

Also The Swarm Mother is not added till velious during the poisoned karana's event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When it comes to seafury the plat used to be made off the gems. The gem drops nerfed.
Incorrect seafury's were fixed not nerfed. They were never supposed to have the drop rate they did on blue back in the day.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cliffs of my previous thread:

It would be better to just farm plat and buy all the gems but it is satisfying as an enchanter to farm your own JC Mats and to RP as a gem hunter. Plus this is an adventurer’s guide.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

reading is hard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for answering my question! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You should make this into a mini-guide on the wiki! That way it doesn't get lost to time on the forums.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reading is hard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for answering my question! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You should make this into a mini-guide on the wiki! That way it doesn't get lost to time on the forums.
No problem this is a long one! Thanks for taking the time to read.

Yea that sounds good. I would like to clean it up and also use the guide myself haha. The Guk and Sol B sections need a lot of work
Old 01-27-2020, 01:52 AM
Kobold

Erudite Chanter dumped points into int and 5 into agi. Took a druid up on the opportunity to port to Faydwer. Killing pixie tricksters exclusively for lvl 2 I ended up with 2 turquoise, 2 cats eye agate and 1 Star rose quartz, 1 golden earring and 1 silver earring.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Low level gem drops seem fairly frequent on the orcs in South Ro.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Low level gem drops seem fairly frequent on the orcs in South Ro.
Wow! This is great news. I’ve been trying to find a reason to do those camps for such a long time
Old 01-27-2020, 05:32 AM
Kobold

Level 3 was brutal. Only 2 lapis lazuli, 1 carnelian, 1 malachite, 1 copper band, 1 silver earring, 1 golden earring and 2 cracked staves. I was expecting twice as many gems but instead I got 1 less than my level 2 gems. Good variety so far, however.

Towards the end of lvl 3 there was nobody clearing PH’s for a pixie trickster and I ended up knee deep in bats and bees and running around for 5 minutes just to find one spawn. If the noob area is too crowded then people are taking your pixies/gems. There’s definitely a sweet spot where people are clearing bats, bees, orcs and skeletons. Towards the end of the level I even started clearing a few skeletons just to get some spawns.

I will be doing level 4 at this camp for the sake of sample size. I want to experience the drop rate for myself. I will try to do it around peak hours so somebody is clearing.
Closed Thread