Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Kobold

Default Question about Necro/Druid Charming

I am quite new to this server and the game (about one month on this server and only played for a very short duration a long time ago) so I have quite a few questions in regards to the game.

My question for this post is in regards to charming creatures for druids (animals) and necromancers (undead).

I have done a lot of internet searches going through many old conversations of EQ players debating whether charisma played a roll charming spells for all the classes and also whether it played a roll for druids and necromancers. Here is the basic conclusion that I have come to in regards to Everquest players not from P1999 but 10 years ago in Everquest Live.

The order of importance in charming is Creature Level>MR>Charisma, which is also the order they seem to be checked in.

Enchanters and Bards definately seem to check charisma when charming creatures. From individual testing, it seemed to have a SIGNIFIGANT effect on the initial charm spell landing or not. One test showed that charm was resisted 0% of the time with high charisma and 32% with low charisma, but in regards to duration only seemed to extend the charm about 11% longer.

With respect to druids, one individuals testing showed that high charisma made the duration of the charms last about 7.5% longer than with low charisma. Unfortunately, this study did not mention anything about initial resists or not. The conclusion here was that charisma did play a role, but not as big of one as it did for enchanters and bards. This would coincide with what developers at the time said, which was they didn't expect necromancers to be very charismatic so the affect of the attribute would be less for their charms than that of enchanters.

I could not find any necromancer studies that actually listed data. Only claims from posters.

This being said, these studies were conducted by individuals playing on live a long time ago. Henceforth, I tried to find a P1999 forum post with some credible evidence about whether or not druid/necromancer charm checked charisma or not and came upon a short post that said something about patch notes saying that druid charm would function like the necromancer charm not checking charisma. (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37323)

-So, I am looking for a link to the patch notes on the P1999 forum that state the change in charming for druids whereas charisma would no longer make a difference.

-Also, I just am looking for some hard evidence of how necromancer charm works (i.e. whether it checks charisma or not). So, if anyone can post a link to some credible evidence (i.e. P1999 programmer patch notes, explanation, etc.), that would be very helpful.

Again, I've read through many posts of people saying charisma does or doesn't have an effect on necromancer/druid charming, so please put a link in your comment to verify what you are trying to claim so we can avoid speculation. If anyone can find a link to a P1999 who has read through the code and knows EXACTLY how it works on P1999, I would be extatic! That would be cool.

Thanks so much for the time guys in reading this and hopefully I can find a nice link to get the answer to this question because I am thinking about making an alt. for pure fun and was thinking about doing a necromancer that only charms his pets or druid. Oh yeah! I also read something about magicians charming pets, is that in P1999? I'm new to this game and server so be nice and slow in explaining.

P.S. - I have got to lvl 50 on my main character playing a little more than a month and am really enjoying the people that play here (for the most part =P)
Last edited by Hiyodori; 12-21-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

Without digging the info up (time constraints), rest assured that CHA was patched some time ago to not have an effect on DRU or NEC charms. It only affects ENC (and BRD, I believe) charms currently.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the reply, do appreciate it. Anyone savvy with this website care to dig up those patchnotes claiming this? Here's a forum conversation saying the same thing as you Yini and the guy said he was too lazy to look for them hehe. http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=85262

Anyone care to search out the patch notes with this information? Also, if you can find them I'm curious if anyone knows why the p1999 staff would take charisma out of the equation regarding necromancer/druid charms (or if they weren't taken out but lessened, please submit a link to some evidence, that would be awesome)
Old 12-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Lol, sorry sir, am at work or I would. It was some time ago, if that helps.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

CHA has no effects on necro charms.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Banned

Stealin,Nilbog watch out bros TORNADOS INC
Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

go shaman charm , make it real
Old 12-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stealin,Nilbog watch out bros TORNADOS INC
SNOWNADOS!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Hay I did the. Didn't read u pot post but necromancer charm = ok. That is all
Old 12-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Kobold

Just wanted to give the thread a bump so hopefully someone can link the patch notes regarding the druid/necro charming change from checking charisma to not checking charisma. If anyone has a link to ALL of the previous patch notes on P1999, that would suffice as well as I can go through the notes myself to locate the specific one. One of the threads mentioned April and was written in 2010 so maybe around that time perhaps?

- Side note question, can magicians charm elementals on p1999?
Closed Thread