Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Default Getting this Game to Work...

I have finally been able to get into the character screen, but now I am getting the need to update the spell files thing. I'm on my 6th hour trying to get this game to work and I have read the technical discussion so I could use a little help or push in the right direction.

Question#1: In my Everquest Folder under uifiles there are 2 folders "default" and "default old". In the p99 v31 patch files there were some updates in a folder labeled default. I supposed those files should go into "default" as opposed to "default old". Did I do this correctly? I still can only get EQ to run in a small window at this point as well. I have played on blue a year ago and remember it was hell to get this game to run, but it's worse this time around lol. I need help.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Kobold

Ok, now I have gotten the game to work in fullscreen mode, just curious about what I have to do to get the spell files correctly.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

v31 is old. You need the latest files, v33 from this news announcement. Simply extract that .zip file to your base everquest folder (IE: C:\Everquest).

I would also recommend *not* playing in full-screen mode. EQ was not made for multitasking, it may not like (read: it may crash) you alt-tabbing out of full-screen mode. I play windowed at full resolution (aka a window border around a 1920x1080 window).
Old 11-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Unfortunately that is not the problem. I have the v33 files, I typed the wrong number. I just did a clean install over again and for some annoying reason there is no eqclient.ini in my Everquest folder for me to change my resolution manually so that I don't have to fool with Duxa's and get this spell file error. I just checked my Everquest folder and it does have all the files from v33 p99 in there....not sure what to do. I guess I can type some peculiar things..

- I cannot directly unzip the v33 p99 files to my Everquest folder, it gives me an error saying that it cannot delete certain files. So I do it manually but this is very simple so I don't think the problem lies here.

- no eqclient.ini in my Everquest Titanium clean install... not sure what is going on here or if this is normal or not

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Going on 7 hours trying to get this game to work.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Kobold

For some reason the patch files were not all replacing the old files so I actually deleted each file manually and then replaced it with the patch file manually and I got rid of the error.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Stop installing Eq to your program files folder. Install it to C:\Eq or something like that.