Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Your spell files are is outdated error sp1

Someone else posted this issue in the technical forum a few days ago and there aren't any replies. I am running into the same issue.

I had installed the game and was able to log in a play for a bit. For some reason, the game wouldn't launch the next time I went to run it.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 or 4 times following the directions on the setup guide. I get the message about spell list being outdated.

I am using the v45 patch that is linked on the setup page. I made sure to put antivirus in sleep mode and deleted each of the files they say need to go.

I tried the links in the tech support sticky for spell files but they are both dead.

Any help?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Assuming you didnt put the ZIP itself into EQ directory instead of the files within it, it sounds like an anti-virus issue. Id make sure you excluded the EQ file, eqgame.exe, etc. If you were able to play 1 day and not the next, im pretty sure it removed/quarantined the .dll file.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Fixed it by unzipping the file directly into the EQ directory instead of unzipping the files then cutting and pasting them. Don't know why, but it fixed it, thanks, will update the other guy's thread in tech support in case he didn't find an answer yet.

Thanks much!
Old 10-23-2017, 03:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I hope someone knows the answer
animeyt
Closed Thread