Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 09:11 AM
Large Bat

Yea i find 75% of the server to be average players who didn’t hack it on live but now can... just my evaluation.... you actually had to be a talented player on live to get good groups ... on p99 it’s purely about time skill is not a factor... people don’t call out lazy players...

I’ve never seen so many lazy dps in my life ... most of the rogues on p99 jump on the mobs halfway through the fight... pet classes no different....

Tanks don’t tag agro on inc or position mobs at all on this server... is that only a raid thing?

I play a cleric and people always msg me in game to come play because I don’t let people die it truly sucks to be a cleric on p99 because most players just expect you to keep them alive rather then the golden rule of ...

(if you aren’t the tank I shouldn’t be dumping heals into you)

But I’m usually just one of the 2-3 people holding the 6 man group up...

It really gets old and boring fast when you don’t have other players putting in the effort
Old 01-04-2021, 04:31 PM
Large Bat

I don't think players are are any worse than they were at live. I'd say it's the opposite, really. Players are too good, too knowledgeable, too well geared, etc. People know where the best group spots with safe places and great ZEMs are. Pullers can usually be expected to single pull consistently. Half the players in their 20s are wearing 200k+ in gear. And no one wants to turn down additional group members when they've got slots open.

Frankly, I remember players at kunark launch being awful. Pulls were basically a dice roll on inc count. Casters tossing out AoE rains over the enchanter. Healers going OOM from nuking. And the good players were struggling with unfamiliar zones and mechanics.

Now groups are boring as hell, and people zone out.

I think it's mostly just systemic issues with a 20 year old game. Players flow towards efficiency and the numbers are in: consistent, unsurprising camps are optimal. And boring.

It's actually nice, community wise, that most groups I saw through my 20s and 30s picked up players until they were full even when they didn't need them. I'd rather players didn't get left out just so my xp rate can be 10% better. But an exciting camp for 3-4 people is usually a boring with camp with 6.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

I love grouping and making a good group. I love ejecting bad group members. Maybe its just a PVP thing but people don't scrub around much on red99 probably because you can just kill them and say goodbye. You gotta stay awake. Shoot!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im 40 and i play eve online while working very casually. I do not care about farming treasures or items. The only thing i do is make people mad because its just more fun. I spend time camping people trying to mine and do little lemming tasks then blow them up.

When they all log off, i do as well with a mission accomplished.

When i played aradune in an average 30 day month i was suspended for around 20 days.

I killed hundreds of stupid druids in ocean of tears dispelling their snares while they kite seafuries and they are so dumb they just kept casting it over and over, then i got a huge wall of text which is ultimately what i wanted.

People online are babies now, its just sad. The only solution is PVP

Im a bit sad dispell dont work on charmed pets tbh =/
Old 01-04-2021, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea i find 75% of the server to be average players who didn’t hack it on live but now can... just my evaluation.... you actually had to be a talented player on live to get good groups ... on p99 it’s purely about time skill is not a factor... people don’t call out lazy players...

I’ve never seen so many lazy dps in my life ... most of the rogues on p99 jump on the mobs halfway through the fight... pet classes no different....

Tanks don’t tag agro on inc or position mobs at all on this server... is that only a raid thing?

I play a cleric and people always msg me in game to come play because I don’t let people die it truly sucks to be a cleric on p99 because most players just expect you to keep them alive rather then the golden rule of ...

(if you aren’t the tank I shouldn’t be dumping heals into you)

But I’m usually just one of the 2-3 people holding the 6 man group up...

It really gets old and boring fast when you don’t have other players putting in the effort
Did you play aradune? Because its all afk / terrible people and everything can be instanced, which means you and your guild / friends get to kill every boss weekly instead of waiting in line on p99 for stuff and having 0 challenge
Old 01-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't agree with your conclusions, but I've thought about why p99 (socially and emerging gameplay) is so much different than live. There are the usual suspects: game knowledge now is vast, player experience is vast, better connections, non-classic UIs, 3rd party software, etc.

But I think it is mostly a generational thing. On live the average player was a GenX or older (meaning growing up without internet, online games, mmos, etc.). Many came to EQ from their pnp (pen and paper games, like AD&D) backgrounds and treated the virtual world like an extension of their experience with pnp games. The average age (from what I recall surveys showing 20 years ago) put the average player age at about 25-30 years old.

If this same demographic were playing today the average player would 45-50 years old. While those players still exist, most of the server isn't that demographic now. They are younger. The majority of players I've met on p99, especially in the uber guild game, are closer to 30-35...which means that they were the young kids that your guild on live wouldn't tag because they were too immature for adult guild conversation.

These players of that younger generation play EQ like it is any other video game, and that's not how it used to be played. The result is that much of the behavior that so many find unlike their memories from live.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling the players on p99 "immature" or even putting them down. I'm just pointing out that they play games differently.

In some ways, its actually a really cool sociology experiment.
being 33- i relate more to Gen X then melennials but.

why is it that the older generations blame the generations that they created, for their problems?
Old 01-04-2021, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

i'll also note that, while on live (2000-2004) i saw the same sorts of things.

afk's
lazy effers,
randoms like, joining then quitting in 15 minutes.
the pet classes just sitting there not even throwing their pets on stuff but respond when msged lol.

this is all classic crap guys. even sweatlords cant sweat 24/7
Old 01-05-2021, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

For OP,

Okay boomer.
Closed Thread