Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-30-2016, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsfelthakis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know the audio file name for the chink* sound when looting corpses
( Mine is very loud and hurts my head I would like to rid of it )
The sound associated with looting coin. For whatever reason, it's extremely loud. Would also like to know which one this is.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsfelthakis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know the audio file name for the chink* sound when looting corpses
( Mine is very loud and hurts my head I would like to rid of it )
Hehe yes - CHINKH! its really loud.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Opening 8 bags is kinda annoying. Worst sounds in game is from fighting rats and scarabs, I have to mute the game when I do.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think the sound for looting coin is 138^BuyItem.WAV. Obviously, it gets rid of all coin noises from merchants, bankers, etc.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Hi, Would anyone happen to know which sound is your own footsteps from running? It gets really grating after being a bard running fast after awhile.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, Would anyone happen to know which sound is your own footsteps from running? It gets really grating after being a bard running fast after awhile.
steprunl.wav
steprunr.wav
steprun2.wav
steprun3.wav

And for walking:

stepwlkl.wav
stepwlkr.wav
stepwlk2.wav
stepwlk3.wav
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-17-2016 at 01:50 PM..
Old 10-25-2016, 01:32 AM
Kobold

Thank you so much!!
Old 07-11-2017, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

I'm interested in which Wav are not used as part of classic (such as, I assume, the yougotmail sound).

I hope to trim down the number of files to be loaded.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:48 PM
Aviak

Thank You for this info.

I took out the thunderstorms, but can still hear the rain. Also took out the bag open/close and combat music 1.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they would have been quieter, or more in proportion with the rest of the sounds.

Combat music 1 was too loud. Combat 2 is not, plus I just like it better.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Orc

Exclamation

Yo everyone. I have a few questions about this. I downloaded the titanium version that had all these sounds removed. I was enjoying the removal of the bags opening and closing sounds because those sounds are terrible.

However I came to realize that certain sounds that are must haves were also removes such as skeleton cackle, werewolf sounds, jack-o'-lantern sounds, and the list goes on. Simply unacceptable. Unacceptable. I don't know what kind of monster thinks removing skeleton cackle was a good idea but we will find you and when we do...I'm kidding of course but I do hope horrible things coincidentally happen to you.

On a more serious note, does anybody know how to edit soundresources.TXT in a way that would allow me to replace certain sounds with other sounds? Like is it possible to replace the bag open/close sound with a quieter version or a new sound altogether?

I started trying to dig into this, so I compared the edited version that came with my download to the non edited version and they seemed identical. I must be doing something wrong because there's no way that they could be identical.

So that's my first mistake. But that is only going to allow me to remove sounds anyway. What I am trying to do is replace sounds with new ones. Is this possible? I know it is unlikely to be possible just by making changes in this .TXT file but I am willing to learn and dig in order to do this. I've already found a program that allows me to unpack and open all the individual sound files and texture map files in the game , which is cool as fuck (to be able to look at all the different texture map files that they use to texture the entire game, zone by zone, is crazy cool. If you plan on getting an EverQuest tattoo this is where to start. Everything is clear and high res before it is displayed in the game . And it's the same thing with the sounds... I am getting way off track. Anyways...

So if anybody has any suggestions/answers on how to change and replace certain sounds, I would appreciate it massively.

PS: Apologies for the format of this post. My voice to text likes to do random weird things like add double spacing between words seemingly at random.