Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Oh yes, do that. Cause everyone knows that RMTers post the shit on the public p99 forums......

They so need to start teaching logic courses in school again.........

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 04-11-2020, 12:48 PM
Kobold

me think he doth protest too much.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yes, do that. Cause everyone knows that RMTers post the shit on the public p99 forums......

They so need to start teaching logic courses in school again.........
The staff can track when one player gives a large amount of plat to another player for nothing in exchange, and that's (one part of) how they catch RMTers. People used to try and get around this in various ways, for instance by pretending to gamble and lose to each other (a big part of why gambling is banned: it's RMT cover).

It's therefore not at all outside the realm of possibility for someone in this community to use the forum as "cover". You have to understand, there's been a lot of drama in these forums, and RMT is like a drama beacon.

But at the same time ... there are also lots of nice people that just give away incredible gifts to complete strangers. I myself once had a random player I'd never met give me a JBB (worth well over 30k at the time) many years ago, so I certainly don't want to suggest that everyone's a crook either.

I'm just saying that from an outsider's perspective it can be hard to distinguish the two here, so I'm only cautiously optimistic about this.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff can track when one player gives a large amount of plat to another player for nothing in exchange, and that's (one part of) how they catch RMTers. People used to try and get around this in various ways, for instance by pretending to gamble and lose to each other (a big part of why gambling is banned: it's RMT cover).

It's therefore not at all outside the realm of possibility for someone in this community to use the forum as "cover". You have to understand, there's been a lot of drama in these forums, and RMT is like a drama beacon.

But at the same time ... there are also lots of nice people that just give away incredible gifts to complete strangers. I myself once had a random player I'd never met give me a JBB (worth well over 30k at the time) many years ago, so I certainly don't want to suggest that everyone's a crook either.

I'm just saying that from an outsider's perspective it can be hard to distinguish the two here, so I'm only cautiously optimistic about this.
I can understand that. But if they want to investigate, go for it.

I have had private dealings with both Menden and Rogean, and they both know I'd never do anything shady in the game.

It's just a little disheartening that because I won something, people automatically label it as an RMTer.

Like I said, pull the logs, I have nothing to hide. It's just a sad day when someone's good will is automatically labeled as something underhanded.

Makes me wonder about the holiday raffles that one guy does every year. Never saw him being accused of anything.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 04-11-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just a little disheartening that because I won something, people automatically label it as an RMTer.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. I was cautiously optimistic, and while a few others did label you an RMTer ... those people would have used any excuse to yell "RMTer", even if they don't at all believe you are one.

They're called trolls, and if you're worried about being labeled anything by trolls, the solution is to just accept that this forum/life has trolls, and consider it a tiny tiny price to pay to win 300k (if you truly did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=346073
^ did it better.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Vallaen is legit. I'm the one who bought the Helmet of Rallos Zek earlier today. Hats off to you good sir.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Kobold

and congratulations to Thomacles
Old 04-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Large Rat

Guess im late, but I only have one toon on blue I started like 2 years ago. lvl 40 Iskar necro named Gangstaa Dreams
Old 04-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...232#post567232
^ did it first.
Closed Thread