Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff can track when one player gives a large amount of plat to another player for nothing in exchange, and that's (one part of) how they catch RMTers. People used to try and get around this in various ways, for instance by pretending to gamble and lose to each other (a big part of why gambling is banned: it's RMT cover).

It's therefore not at all outside the realm of possibility for someone in this community to use the forum as "cover". You have to understand, there's been a lot of drama in these forums, and RMT is like a drama beacon.

But at the same time ... there are also lots of nice people that just give away incredible gifts to complete strangers. I myself once had a random player I'd never met give me a JBB (worth well over 30k at the time) many years ago, so I certainly don't want to suggest that everyone's a crook either.

I'm just saying that from an outsider's perspective it can be hard to distinguish the two here, so I'm only cautiously optimistic about this.
I remember a druid bitching about porting so I asked him why he was doing it if he didn’t enjoy it. He said he was saving up for a lumni staff and I enquired how far short he was and gave that as a tip.

I wonder if he bought one and quit porting. I hope so as he seemed to hate porting, but if I had to guess I’d bet he kept porting for plat anyway.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a druid bitching about porting so I asked him why he was doing it if he didn’t enjoy it. He said he was saving up for a lumni staff and I enquired how far short he was and gave that as a tip.

I wonder if he bought one and quit porting. I hope so as he seemed to hate porting, but if I had to guess I’d bet he kept porting for plat anyway.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I bet he did.

FWIW years later I found a random Shaman in Sebilis and gave him the JBB to complete the cycle (although by then it was only a 20k item). Hopefully it started a "pay it forward" tradition where he someday later gave it to yet another Shaman ... but if so I'll never know (I'd have to dig through my logs to even find the Shaman's name at this point ...)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Too late, dang. I have 600pp to my name haha
Old 04-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Orc

I'm saving up my first 18k for a JBB by level 45 (36 now). If any of you high rollers want to save a seat at your table for me I'd love to dance barbarian jigs with no shirt on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Orc

Supax
Old 04-12-2020, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First person to post there toons name that will pick it up at EC tunnel entrance gets it
Lazaruz
Old 04-14-2020, 04:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Doc

Busstah Rhymes <Castle>
Old 04-14-2020, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Why farm/trade up to 300k+ plat just to give it away?

something doesn't add up
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why farm/trade up to 300k+ plat just to give it away?

something doesn't add up
I sold the 2 wrists while i waited for the person to come buy the helm of rallos.

Why hold onto 300k if im not going to play on Blue.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

any other items your sitting on you dont want me pm im just a broke player lovin blue
Closed Thread