Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-11-2022, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

holy shit its 24 right now??

oh its 31 haha

well it will be 24 because remember 2007? Well we're about to find out that the bandaid is about to need to be changed.

the news all morning was taling about loan defaults? haha oh that's always a good sign when the news is talking about loan defaults hahah
Old 05-11-2022, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is $24k really a good price for proof that someone's computer ran a pointless set of hashes?
I know, it's so dumb. But there's legit value in it even if it's incredibly volatile.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

People who think Bitcoin provides no value usually are low value people who dont know the insane number of people and services that are required to send you money through payroll.

Each paycheck you get negates a lifetime of personal recycling, if you compare to someone who’s paid through bitcoin.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:25 PM
Banned

Ya. Digital currency is the future.

I just make fun of bitcoin. There needs to be an upgrade path baked into newer technologies too so old bitcoin can become newcoin easily for a limited time.

Also imagine how awesome a solar flare could be with a digital global currency on vulnerable systems.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Computer hardware, the internet, and lots of electricity for nodes and interconnects are all required for digital currency.. cut off the supply to any one of them, and your digital currency fails.

Nevermind that the hashes being churned are pointless, and it's all a waste of resources.
What if the hashes or whatever a coin was where encrypted AI generated WoW fan art?

What if our lives and DNA are just holography of bitcoins in some giant computer. Like a side effect of the fields from the storage of the coins. The possibilities r heck'n endless m8.
Last edited by starkind; 05-11-2022 at 01:17 PM..
Old 05-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Computer hardware, the internet, and lots of electricity for nodes and interconnects are all required for digital currency.. cut off the supply to any one of them, and your digital currency fails.

Nevermind that the hashes being churned are pointless, and it's all a waste of resources.
Did this crypto shit all come out of that enzyme folding computer work thing and the looking for large prime numbers ones?
Old 05-11-2022, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Folding@Home is still running, folding proteins for science. The project put out a white paper last year with some results.

The e-coins, so far as I'm aware, have never produced anything meaningful. They're designed like an mmo, to just consume a lot of time and resources.
Yep. Their product is only work, so, entropy.

The real #1 physics question is can information balance or even reduce entropy. (It cannot on a cosmic scale, only small scales locally in open systems)
Last edited by starkind; 05-11-2022 at 01:28 PM..
Old 05-11-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who think Bitcoin provides no value usually are low value people who dont know the insane number of people and services that are required to send you money through payroll.

Each paycheck you get negates a lifetime of personal recycling, if you compare to someone who’s paid through bitcoin.
Bitcoin is still ultimately speculation on an uncertain future.

See at least when I'm paid in fiat I know the value I was just paid. Bitcoin fluctuates too wildly. That's not for me when I don't know the coin's future and I do know governments are working to curb its use or regulate it.

That's quite a gamble with my pay.

I don't know, I'm old school about these things. I don't understand crypto enough or blockchains or any of these new terms. I understand stocks, options etc.

Plus, payroll services employ people. We need more employment, not less. Mining crypto just sucks up more and more electricity and harms the environment without employing people.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

I’m buying at $10

#BuyrheDip
#DiAmOnDhAnDS
#HODOR
Old 05-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

You're buying what at $10?