Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-24-2022, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When it's tax cuts for the rich or spending on military no one bats an eye - if it's helping millions of regular people it's bribing for votes or reeee communism
Would you prefer 8% of xxl pizza or 10% of medium pizza?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

The military spending is what gets me, how much less should it be?

At what point do we balance being invaded for our nice things vs. being safe to have nice things and a society, to make long term plans for investments and marriage, children.

As you can see by current events, other nations are not afraid to role tanks through and kill everyone. American is accused of this and its used a guilt to have less spending on it. I think they are assholes looking for an edge and are butt-blasted like a P99 raider guild is when they can't get their pixels.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're just going into more debt and whatever money you "invest" into The Economy is being offset by taxpayers paying for your shirked responsibilities

Nobody is stopping you from paying off your student debt now instead of passing it off to responsible people who paid off theirs

You signed the loan agreement. Pay what you owe instead of making pathetic excuses.
Elizondo and trusken are rightfully scared that the more educated someone is they will be indoctrinated into democrat ideology. Oh no those big liberal colleges!

Hell republicans if given the chance would love to bust up teacher's unions in public schools (perhaps even doing away with public schooling altogether).

The cost of school just isn't the same as what Boomers and Gen X paid.

It really is too bad as you get older you get more conservative and fear change. What's worse are those that have been brainwashed and believe this until they are older.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

I think college and student loan debt is a huge scam and the fixes should be focused on making school more affordable or giving people easier access to grants. Just paying off someones debt sets a horrible precedent because you're allowing people to not take responsibility for their own life choices.
It's totally unfair to those who either paid off their student loan debt, or didnt go to college at all because they knew they couldn't afford it and chose to avoid debt.

Do I feel bad that these people are buried in debt? absolutely!
but that doesnt mean making someone else pay it for them is the right thing to do.
WTF kind of logic is that?
You made the choice to take the loan out.... so pay what you owe like the rest of us had to do.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-24-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what point do we balance being invaded
When we're being invaded. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
As you can see by current events, other nations are not afraid to role tanks through and kill everyone.
By all means, put them on little boats and drive them here, we'll be ready when you get here.

Old 08-24-2022, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think college and student loan debt is a huge scam and the fixes should be focused on making school more affordable or giving people easier access to grants. Just paying off someones debt sets a horrible precedent because you're allowing people to not take responsibility for their own life choices.
It's totally unfair to those who either paid off their student loan debt, or didnt go to college at all because they knew they couldn't afford it and chose to avoid debt.

Do I feel bad that these people are buried in debt? absolutely!
but that doesnt mean making someone else pay it for them is the right thing to do.
WTF kind of logic is that?
You made the choice to take the loan out.... so pay what you owe like the rest of us had to do.
Bet you are okay with the military programs paying for free education.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When we're being invaded. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By all means, put them on little boats and drive them here, we'll be ready when you get here.

What?

Poster above me stated military spending. Many people say it should be less and they use guilt-trips to justify it. I am asking, if we were to do such a foolish thing, at what point would the USA be risking an invasion due to our lessened military prowess vs. being safe enough to film Full House episodes in California over the Golden Gate bridge in a classic Ford Mustang. Fully American.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?

Poster above me stated military spending. Many people say it should be less and they use guilt-trips to justify it. I am asking, if we were to do such a foolish thing, at what point would the USA be risking an invasion due to our lessened military prowess vs. being safe enough to film Full House episodes in California over the Golden Gate bridge in a classic Ford Mustang. Fully American.
We wont ever be invaded because russia couldnt even drive tanks across land into their neighbors country.

The only threat of war is nuclear anihilation, we ahve enough to prevent that, so we dont even need a military beyond that.

If someone did want to invade us, they'd lose half their force before they made halfway to us.

Were safer than a castle surrounded by a moat in the dark ages. We have more oil reserves than any country, we could wall up and never leave except to nuke someone who threatened us and be fine.

If we had an iron dome we'd be even finer.

I dont need a military to protect me because I have the 2nd amendment.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We wont ever be invaded because russia couldnt even drive tanks across land into their neighbors country.

The only threat of war is nuclear anihilation, we ahve enough to prevent that, so we dont even need a military beyond that.

If someone did want to invade us, they'd lose half their force before they made halfway to us.

Were safer than a castle surrounded by a moat in the dark ages. We have more oil reserves than any country, we could wall up and never leave except to nuke someone who threatened us and be fine.

If we had an iron dome we'd be even finer.

I dont need a military to protect me because I have the 2nd amendment.
Like some sort of hermit kingdom? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Our Gov and the national media have already swallowed a massive dookie-flavored black pill and reminded the public that the 2nd amendment wouldn't be enough. This was a quiet understanding for years and built on trust while they stockpiled arms and, at least attempted, further gun "safety" restrictions built on the foundation of the mafia during prohibition.