Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Of course it’s their camp I wasn’t disputing it (although technically I believe they have to split it if people ask).
This isn't true is it?
Old 11-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

If you're outdoors, every single mob can count as a "camp."

So someone who shows up at orc 1 in EC when a full group is there clearing it already, yes, that one newcomer could insist on the group letting him have one of the spawns.

In dungeons it doesn't quite work that way. A group claiming frenzy in lguk doesn't have to share one of the frenzy PH points with a random player who walks in. But they would probably end up losing exp mobs from outside of the room they are set up in if he wanted to snag them, and they wouldn't be able to get him in trouble for that.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Oh right forgot about the outdoor camp part. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Large Bat

I will always take up to a full group if people want to join and ignore the meta. I like being included, so i treat others the same.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vordrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Recomme...s_and_ZEM_List

Just so we're all talking about the same thing.

Running around soloing in, say, South Ro, is 75% exp. Upper Guk is 150% exp. So twice as much. I'd wager that, for many people (not everyone, mind you), depending on your groupability vs soloability, you could probably pull as much or more exp from soloing in South Ro than grouping in Upper Guk if you have to wait a while for the group.

But I could be wrong, it's just a guess. Certainly leveling in a good group for the entire duration would be faster, but if you're heavily competing for mobs in UGuk, splitting it 6 ways, it's not like the ZEM is like 500% (unless the wiki is wrong.)

I do agree, though. I primarily play for the social aspect, so I'd rather take a subpar group than soloing if possible.
Yeah. I agree. Problem is a cleric, ranger, rogue, warrior for example won't be able to kill fast enough or high enough solo. Specially non-twinked. Whereas on teal, uguk hasn't been over camped and you get 10 mobs for each group. Let's just say you can get 4 levels in a night there. Be really hard pressed to do that soloing in sro.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're outdoors, every single mob can count as a "camp."

So someone who shows up at orc 1 in EC when a full group is there clearing it already, yes, that one newcomer could insist on the group letting him have one of the spawns.

In dungeons it doesn't quite work that way. A group claiming frenzy in lguk doesn't have to share one of the frenzy PH points with a random player who walks in. But they would probably end up losing exp mobs from outside of the room they are set up in if he wanted to snag them, and they wouldn't be able to get him in trouble for that.
Exactly classic right there.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

If you're getting exp then you have every right to be at some camp and if you can hold it then it's yours. That's how I approach things when I run around checking out spots. If you're just farming greens for loot and I don't have an alternate nearby place I'll still leave you alone because I don't want to get trained later.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Aviak

If you leave the camp to sell, but return before respawn, is it still your camp?
Old 11-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinklepee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you leave the camp to sell, but return before respawn, is it still your camp?
You can't leave a camp.. ever. You risk losing it every time. You must maintain a presence at all times to keep claim.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using everquest to socialize is like using cocaine to lose weight. Theirs more effective ways.
Hung out with a drug dealer one night and lost 15 lbs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did even know that was possible even with unlimited.
Closed Thread