Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

The 2018 suspension crisis threw into sharp relief the issue of “too-big-to-fail” (TBTF)—the challenge posed by casual scum guilds that were bailed out on concerns that their failure would cause damage to the rest of the raiding system and the overall fat loot economy. Since then, policymakers and regulators in Ak'Anon have wrestled with how to address this problem. The Eratani-Fifield Reform and Raider Protection Act of 2018 (Tani-Fif Act) put in place a series of measures to address the policy challenges of TBTF Raiding Guilds, including rules to enhance prudential supervision of individual guilds and reforms aimed at improving oversight of the overall raiding system. Regulators have since agreed at a server wide level to yet-tougher prudential standards for large raiding guilds. Tani-Fif also established a new legal authority to resolve a large and complex raiding disputes within an institution and without the need for CSR support or further disruption to the raiding scene.

Have these sweeping reforms have gone far enough in addressing the policy challenge of large, complex raiding guilds? If they have not, then further measures would be appropriate, including breaking up or shrinking the size of large raiding guilds. Such efforts would aim to eliminate perceived raiding subsidies by casuals to large raiding guilds that might support their size, and thereby to lessen the purported negative impacts of problems associated with these raiding guilds. But such actions would impose costs, on top of those already associated with the steps taken to date. These costs must be weighed against benefits in order to decide on the appropriate course of action.

This post, a product of the Ak'Anon Bipartisan Policy Center’s Financial Regulatory Reform Initiative, assesses those costs and benefits. What would be the consequences of breaking up the servers biggest guilds or removing leadership from the largest guilds? What would dramatically shrinking their size mean for the raiding sector, the P99 fat lewt economy, and the casual to hardcore raiders of these raiding guilds? How would such a strategy work? This post seeks to answer these important questions.

We conclude that the reforms undertaken since the raid crisis have gone a long way toward addressing the TBTF issue, however, the lack of clear standards and ever changing suspension criteria seem to make it impossible for P99 TBTF guilds to conform their behavior to the law. Proposals to break up major guilds entail greater costs than the benefits they would provide and are potentially outright counterproductive - especially when scumbag alliances would be popping up and further diluting leadership and accountability among guild policies. It would be better to allow Tani-Fif and other Norrathian and Velious reforms to work as intended, rather than to break up the largest guilds. Indeed, if Dodd-Frank works as intended, then there is no need for a break up these guilds or permabann Detoxx.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Detoxx let you guys know you broke some raid rules and need to drop the dragon and you decided to ignore him. You guys are probably getting suspended again for being d!ck holes...sucks =(
Pretty much sums it up, sucks to suck.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

2x SoD? Don’t play we know you didn’t win those. 😂😂😂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like a post to spew more propaganda and half truths and narratives to try and cover up a huge fuck up last night.

For the record regarding this:

Thanks for the compliment. Me and my guilds perseverance is something I am very proud of. Maybe its because when times get tough, our leadership doesn't bail on its members like yours did the last two days.

I have never once been given anything. I and my guilds have fought for all they got. Continue on with your slander in order to try and fix your huge mistake that you know you made last night.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2x SoD? Don’t play we know you didn’t win those. 😂😂😂
He's not talking about SoDs.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's not talking about SoDs.
Talking about being thrown a pity bone.

But hey if you want to deny it I’ll gladly provide proof of the pity bone I threw ya last night.

HEEEEYYYYYY OOOOOOOO

ilu 😘

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-06-2018, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

I know both guilds have cried about Wyverns and have cried about them being pulled/used maliciously to interfere with a clean FTE and pull of a dragon.

In the situation posted above isn't it just a free for all where everyone is just sprinting everywhere? Can someone explain to me why training some mobs past/over people is okay but training some others is not okay?

Wouldn't a guild agreement to do FTE races and allow clean pulls to happen be way better than what we have now? Not like most of the other scrubs are crushing stuff within an hour anyways.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Why can’t people just get along

Dettoxx is a good player and so is dimondfist

You both are welcome in my new guild

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Calling things toxic instantly makes me ignore anything you say afterwards
Old 04-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

No way am I reading all that, but if you're trying to convince me someone is unstable writing a 20 page manifesto about them isn't the best strategy.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Large Rat

Why was Bruize's video promptly deleted after 13 minutes? Why delete evidence if it shows innocence (gee, I wonder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) Want me to reupload it for you?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread