Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Default AskEQ! What item(s), gear, or weapon(s) do you feel are overpriced in today's market?

For this edition of AskEQ! (not really a thing, but humor me), i've decided to seek the communities opinion on what items, gear or weapons in Norrath YOU deem overpriced.

After spending some time recently in the EC Tunnels i've noticed that for whatever explicable reason(s), some prices (and in my most humble of opinions) just do not add up. Our market has been around for some time, has had various fluctuations, supply has changed, demand has changed, and prices have changed too. Some for better, some for worse.

What item(s) for sale have you most recently believed to be overpriced and why?
Old 01-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Banned

Pre-nerf CoS because theres probably 10,000 of them on the server - ec fat cats have seriously ramped the price up on it.

(In before BiS)
Last edited by White_knight; 01-15-2019 at 04:54 PM..
Old 01-15-2019, 04:52 PM
Banned

Pre-nerf Alliance neck - costs like 90pp to recharge as I understand - that nets you 4 clicks.

Why spend 30k on an item you use very minimally for somr quest faction bumping and for crossing SG.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Tantor's tusk
Old 01-15-2019, 05:07 PM
Aviak

This is a personal one for me because I watched it go from a 3-4k item to an 8-10k item SOLELY because of people like Boutik buying every one that came through EC and then reselling them.

Staff of Undead Legions. It has been 3-4k for literally years at this point. It's always been used for the same thing: A pet weapon. It still drops, it still drops just as frequently. But because Boutik has enough money to literally manipulate the market by himself, it's now 8-10k. Just look at the wiki entry for it. The whole seller history is Boutik and a couple other people selling it cheaper than Boutik. The all-time average is 4k, because this has only happened in the last two months or so.

Several other items have met the same fate, as well. I only bring up Staff because I spent a month trying to purchase it with Boutik on ignore, and multiple times I messaged someone who had it for 4k but Boutik had already bought it and doubled its price.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Well every item boutik sells is way overpriced. People need to just stop buying from him and he would go away
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Edge of the Nightwalker

4-5x the price of weapons with comparable or slightly better ratios.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edge of the Nightwalker

This.

14k really? Winters Fury is slightly higher better ratio for 4k, Exquisite Velium Warsword is better ratio for 6k. EoTN super over rated and high priced.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edge of the Nightwalker

Especially when compared to Winters Fury, Edge is ridiculous you're right.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Haste belts in general. SCHW is 1k now. I would not pay 30x the price for the SG belt that is chain farmed now.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Closed Thread