Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default Looking for a awesome guild.

Ive been away for sometime on other mmos, other things in life ect. Looking to start again afresh on the server. Looking for a hardcore raiding guild. Hope to make a Barbarian Shaman. Message me here. And am going to lvl fast.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

The only hardcore raiding guild on p99 blue is aftermath. by hard core i mean raiding 24/7 365 days a year. But you cant even app till level 55.

You should figure out your play times first. Then get in a leveling guild that matches your time frame.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 03-12-2019, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

I would join Dawn Believers or similar guild which is GREAT for getting to know people and getting XP groups while getting a feel for the servers raid scene and figuring out what really fits your lifestyle.

Hardcore on Live is NOT like hardcore on P99.
I thought I was hardcore, and I have nothing on these neckbeards on P99.... some skilled and nerdy mofos here.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would join Dawn Believers or similar guild which is GREAT for getting to know people and getting XP groups while getting a feel for the servers raid scene and figuring out what really fits your lifestyle.
Disagree here, Dawn Believers is more like a global OOC than a guild where you might score a PUG or make friends.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disagree here, Dawn Believers is more like a global OOC than a guild where you might score a PUG or make friends.
I guess...? Toss the OP some more valid suggestions then.

I doubt a new player is going to instantly get into the highest end raiding guilds without a decently geared max level toon.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess...? Toss the OP some more valid suggestions then.

I doubt a new player is going to instantly get into the highest end raiding guilds without a decently geared max level toon.
Instantly, no. But I've seen a number of players who powered through the levels to get to 55 or 60 without ever joining a guild or doing any raiding, and then app'd with atrocious gear and very little real experience in the game. But they still made full member because they were motivated, smart, and learned quickly. I can't count the number of times I've seen a comment like "He's pretty green, but voting yes because they are learning quickly and doing the key things for their class"
Old 03-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

""""skilled""" just means you're able to get out of bed at 3:45am when other "more skilled" neckbeard sitting in ToV spamming pet attack sends out a distress call
Old 03-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
""""skilled""" just means you're able to get out of bed at 3:45am when other "more skilled" neckbeard sitting in ToV spamming pet attack sends out a distress call
And exactly how many ToV dragons have u pulled 4000locs from entrance without dropping your aggro and getting secondaries? Or how about how many split second coth races have you won?

No shit it's neckbeardy and nerdy but actually doing these things is a lot different than being a batphone hero via clicking your auto attack button or ch macro once the mobs in camp.

It's not rocket science but it's not something you can just do without any experience.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Agree to disagree. I think cheesing mechanics for ez pz kill is less skill than directing the raid to dungeon crawl.

You are also describing like maybe 5-10 people out of like 200 sitting at entrance.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree to disagree. I think cheesing mechanics for ez pz kill is less skill than directing the raid to dungeon crawl.

You are also describing like maybe 5-10 people out of like 200 sitting at entrance.
Can you even articulate the challenge of a dungeon crawl? Only reason pulling to ent is hard is because of the 1000 loc change and random things like mob warp. Does anyone actually argue dungeon crawling is difficult?

What makes raiding fun is competing against people not killing static npcs.
Closed Thread