Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Did legs with a trainer today. Christ I’m already sore
Old 08-29-2018, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I went on the day hike for the South Sister yesterday (one of the Three Sisters volcanic peaks in Oregon). It's safe to say I was kind of an idiot for not wearing more dynamic hiking gear -- stuff that isn't too hot but can defend against wind chill. Pretty chilly on the summit for what I was wearing.

Other than things went fairly well. 6-7 miles doesn't sound like a lot, but when it's straight up gravel and steep hills it takes awhile.

Attachment 10313
Fucking hell I miss the pacific northwest
Old 08-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Filb and Jeff yall look elf healthy as hell, love it.

Cec, That sounds like a really good HIIT work out. My philosophy is be TIRED when you're done, just drained. Only you know if you could have put in more, so just be honest with yourself and make adjustments. With that said, if you are sore for multiple days from one work out, dial it back a little.

Being able to work out again the next day or after your rest day is more important than pushing it so hard your unmotivated to get back into it because of the soreness. But again, especially with cardio, make sure you're drained. you should be dreading those last couple sets but feeling motivated as fuck when it's finally over. Eating right and drinking lots of water is really important in how you feel after your work out.

And I drink coffee before most of my work outs. as long as you're hydrated really well, it's a good natural prework out.

Seriously though, can't stress enough how important hydration is. Anyways, Good job Ceci keep it up, let us know how it goes.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Wasn't sure if anyone would reply to that, thank you! Just wanted to double check it before I got started. Duly noted on hydration, I'm actually on a diuretic medicine and I'm... going to get water now. I forget. A lot.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Banned

#Hyphymud
Old 08-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't sure if anyone would reply to that, thank you! Just wanted to double check it before I got started. Duly noted on hydration, I'm actually on a diuretic medicine and I'm... going to get water now. I forget. A lot.
No problem. And definitely, again, don't be afraid to dial it back if it's too much at first. As I've already posted, I'm still trying to figure out how to balance the weight lifting with the consistently improving cardio past where I am already. Luckily there's a lot of health elfs here with solid advice.

I appreciate Filb's and Mead's feedback. Quit my cubicle job and I'm full time in school and working at a Rehabilitation facility in the TExAs hillz now. feeling very fulfilled and the job and the busy schedule have me drinking much less, so I'm feeling those metabolism gains already. I faked out last time but will post a beginning-of-a-new-phase picture soon.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No problem. And definitely, again, don't be afraid to dial it back if it's too much at first. As I've already posted, I'm still trying to figure out how to balance the weight lifting with the consistently improving cardio past where I am already. Luckily there's a lot of health elfs here with solid advice.

I appreciate Filb's and Mead's feedback. Quit my cubicle job and I'm full time in school and working at a Rehabilitation facility in the TExAs hillz now. feeling very fulfilled and the job and the busy schedule have me drinking much less, so I'm feeling those metabolism gains already. I faked out last time but will post a beginning-of-a-new-phase picture soon.
My man!! All these good vibes!
Old 08-29-2018, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2018, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS- what are the thoughts on whey here? It doesn’t give me real stomach trouble but it does make me feel not good every now and then.
If no tummy issues, i always will promote Whey... Always.. If tummy issues, go with a pea/brown rice collabo. Those 2 will make up for what you miss out on with whey.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

I prefer pea to whey protein but I don’t think it’s a big deal unless you notice stomach issues with one as opposed to the other