Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cecily- What's the update on this new routine? Have you rolled it out over the last couple days??
It's very cool of you to check up on me. Thank you. I've done a couple more miles walking so far, but as of right now I'm still in the process of psyching myself up to get started. I suppose now is as good a time as any. Body weight exercises today. HIIT tomorrow. And I'll probably do the two rest days this weekend since this is 100% going to destroy my legs at first. I blame you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just started at the gym again this week myself. It's been 10+ years since I took it serious. With being on estrogen plus being naturally lean, I really need to do this to have strength.

Routine I plan to do is (Sun-Sat):
Gym,Swim,Gym,Swim,Gym,Swim,Off Day

Gym on a 3 day muscle group cycle (chest/back/legs) to start. I might eventually try to do each muscle group twice a week, but once a week is okay for the first while

Swimming I've been doing for a few months. I do 600m as fast as I can. Takes me about 15-18 minutes depending how I feel that day. That isn't super fast but I'd like to think it's okay...meets the Bronze Cross standard to be a lifeguard. I'd be really happy if I could get that down to 12 minutes (2:00/100m). I've sorta plateau'd for swimming gains though. Not sure if it's the pills or just need to push harder/more often. Probably some of both. I can do 2:00/100m to start but keeping that pace for an entire swim...not yet :P
Swimming is fantastic Nexii! Even better when you do a few easy laps post workout! A great 3 day cycle you're looking for is the classic- Push/Pull/Legs cycle.. I say go with that! It's a proven go to system. Push day- is Chest,Tricep,Shoulders. Pull day- bicep, and back. Leg day is well.. legs... Roll that out!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swimming is fantastic Nexii! Even better when you do a few easy laps post workout! A great 3 day cycle you're looking for is the classic- Push/Pull/Legs cycle.. I say go with that! It's a proven go to system. Push day- is Chest,Tricep,Shoulders. Pull day- bicep, and back. Leg day is well.. legs... Roll that out!
Swimming was always my reward for working out.

Run a few miles or do cardio or lifting and instantly jump in my pool.

Such a good feeling.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swimming was always my reward for working out.

Run a few miles or do cardio or lifting and instantly jump in my pool.

Such a good feeling.
that sounds amazing.

Ceci, if you're like me, getting started on things is sometimes the hardest. when i'm interested or focused on something i can't put it down. I know i always dreaded starting lifting but what helped me was documenting my improvements. it gave me a goal to go for. get a notebook that's laying around your place! kind of keep a journal. not only the numbers, but write how you feel before and after your workout.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's very cool of you to check up on me. Thank you. I've done a couple more miles walking so far, but as of right now I'm still in the process of psyching myself up to get started. I suppose now is as good a time as any. Body weight exercises today. HIIT tomorrow. And I'll probably do the two rest days this weekend since this is 100% going to destroy my legs at first. I blame you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go get it!! Proud of you!
Old 08-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ceci, if you're like me, getting started on things is sometimes the hardest. when i'm interested or focused on something i can't put it down. I know i always dreaded starting lifting but what helped me was documenting my improvements. it gave me a goal to go for. get a notebook that's laying around your place! kind of keep a journal. not only the numbers, but write how you feel before and after your workout.
That's exactly how I am. It always seems to take me time to mentally prepare for things that I want to do. It's a pretty torturous process, actually. Studying, diets, exercise, writing papers, and that one thing, for example, might take me up to a month of yelling at myself for not doing it, but I have tremendously intense focus that doesn't stop once I get past the mental block. That is until life throws a brick wall my way. lrn2swerve dummy.

It's interesting you mention logs. I find them helpful too. When I was keeping tabs on my weight noticed I stuck to my diet and exercise better. Everything went to hell when I stopped daily logs. Including your feelings is a great idea. I wish I had. I have no idea when I lost all the rage from quitting smoking. It would have been cool to see my mental health gains. Took awhile and things are a lot better now, but I never noticed while it was happening. And also more long the lines of what you're talking about... knowing how your body feels is smart so you can adjust. It's good advice.

So, uh yeah, I'm gonna do some squats and things. Thanks for the kick in the butt, guys.
Last edited by Cecily; 08-30-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Old 08-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Been more maintain than gain recently, but your talk of swimming is making me jealous. I used to live in Manchester, which previously had hosted the Commonwealth Games, so had an Olympic standard pool as a public bath. I used to break up my walk home from work by smashing out lengths for an hour, then braking up the journey home from there to demolish some chicken. Good times!

Of course I'd then undo all the good work by staying out late drinking with my friends at open mic or pub quiz until time was called.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that sounds amazing.

So true. The first two weeks are really tough.

The good news for anyone kicking off Elf Health - after that 2 week period your body will rapidly rewire to experience pleasure from exercise.

I felt groggy all morning. But I managed to get in some core exercise by flexing abs while driving and immediately felt way way better.

The yogis speak of Prana as life force which enters your body by breathing. Freshly oxygenated blood being pumped through your body with exercise really will give you more energy, clarity, and feelings of well-being. it's amazing!

god speed elves
Old 08-31-2018, 10:04 AM
Banned

Max bench is at 175 lb right now C U REEL SOON CHEST GAINS
Old 08-31-2018, 03:26 PM
Banned

I usually feel pretty tired / crappy till I start exercising even if its something small it almost wakes you up.

You can drink 27 cups of coffee and not get the effect 5 pushups will do.

Also I am 16 days in a row I believe without an off day from exercise, whey gains are real.
Closed Thread