Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No keto anymore. About 5% of my diet was carbs. Did a lot of research on it, learned a lot, and definitely sustainable as far as foods I enjoy eating. It had me urinating like crazy and difficult to stay hydrated. That was really annoying. I also didn’t get the energy levels other people were reporting and had some tachycardia going on (which i couldn’t find any research on but i have my own theory). It just wasn’t working for me. But it’s definitely a great weight loss diet and my labs were on point during it.

I’m eating like 4-5k calories a day atm. Lots of poultry, dairy, and weight gainer protein powder. Energy levels are awesome. I need to do an a1c to see how my levels are.
Just a theory of mine:

A lot of that low carb "it will increase your energy and make you focused!" stuff is from people that were eating like shit before hand.

I'm sure its a fine way to go about a healthy diet and all. I just can't agree its the only way to go.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Banned

This message is hidden because JurisDictum is on your ignore list.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a theory of mine:

A lot of that low carb "it will increase your energy and make you focused!" stuff is from people that were eating like shit before hand.

I'm sure its a fine way to go about a healthy diet and all. I just can't agree its the only way to go.
Yeah I agree with this. I eat a lot of carbs and don't have any weight issues. I can gain, or lose weight when i want to. I don't have focus issues either. That said, I don't eat a bunch of hyper processed foods or candy or sugars. That stuff makes me feel like garbagio. I'd say that i probably have 3-5% higher bodyfat because of the carbs i eat. it's not a bad thing.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No keto anymore. About 5% of my diet was carbs. Did a lot of research on it, learned a lot, and definitely sustainable as far as foods I enjoy eating. It had me urinating like crazy and difficult to stay hydrated. That was really annoying. I also didn’t get the energy levels other people were reporting and had some tachycardia going on (which i couldn’t find any research on but i have my own theory). It just wasn’t working for me. But it’s definitely a great weight loss diet and my labs were on point during it.

I’m eating like 4-5k calories a day atm. Lots of poultry, dairy, and weight gainer protein powder. Energy levels are awesome. I need to do an a1c to see how my levels are.
Ah ok thanks for the info. I eat healthy Keto, as in I didn’t up saturated fat or meat, I just cut out simple sugars like bread and rice. Still eat fruit

Do you do a protein shake before and after you lift? I’m just curious how I should be eating right before and right after
Old 09-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah ok thanks for the info. I eat healthy Keto, as in I didn’t up saturated fat or meat, I just cut out simple sugars like bread and rice. Still eat fruit

Do you do a protein shake before and after you lift? I’m just curious how I should be eating right before and right after
If your goal is to be in ketosis, you won't be able to do it eating carbs. If you're just eating healthy ketogenic food with "good" carbs, then that's fine. I would recommend the latter anyways.

I can't eat within a 2 hour period before working out due to having a very sensitive stomach. But I eat big throughout the day before my workout. The main thing you want to focus on is eating enough for your workout. So if you plan on being in the gym for a while, you want to give your body enough fuel to get through it. Then I'll have a giant meal afterwards.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If your goal is to be in ketosis, you won't be able to do it eating carbs. If you're just eating healthy ketogenic food with "good" carbs, then that's fine. I would recommend the latter anyways.

I can't eat within a 2 hour period before working out due to having a very sensitive stomach. But I eat big throughout the day before my workout. The main thing you want to focus on is eating enough for your workout. So if you plan on being in the gym for a while, you want to give your body enough fuel to get through it. Then I'll have a giant meal afterwards.
Thanks bud. Reason I ask is because I’m cutting but also plateauing on what I can lift. Ideally I’d like to slowly lose fat but also build muscle. At this point in my life I don’t think that’s possible
Old 09-15-2018, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a theory of mine:

I don’t think I ever said it’s the only way to go, unless you’re referring to someone or something else.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks bud. Reason I ask is because I’m cutting but also plateauing on what I can lift. Ideally I’d like to slowly lose fat but also build muscle. At this point in my life I don’t think that’s possible
You can do it man. You just have to put in the work. Be consistent and give it time. You will see results.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Banned

yesterday was second rest day in a row for me, its really hard to not exercise when it feels so good

today will most likely be a gainz day

I think resting more will make you go harder on the gainz but if I am not 100% exhausted I feel like I don't deserve my bed at night , is that weird?
Old 09-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don’t think I ever said it’s the only way to go, unless you’re referring to someone or something else.
You've always been pretty level-headed on the topic. But a lot of people on low-carb diets have this mentality that carbs are poison -- with the possible exception of vegetables in small quantities.

There is also a sizeable vegan cult that takes the opposite approach and claims protein needs to be carefully monitored because that is essentially poison in large doses. This allows them to claim eating meat is unhealthy.
Closed Thread