Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-27-2023, 07:46 PM
Banned

The game just ate my -Mr gear

I went to give a piece of -Mr gear (rusty shoulders) to a charmed mob, right as I clicked trade, charm broke

I checked my bags for the piece as I re-charmed the mob, nope. I checked the charmed mob’s body after I killed it, nope, not there

What the fuck!!
Old 08-27-2023, 08:00 PM
Banned

^
Is there any way to put like a ticket in for this? Don’t even know how to do a ticket though

Will probably just have to eat the loss
Old 08-27-2023, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is randomized loot doesn't necessarily solve anything. If you just randomize once, at the server's start, then everyone just makes a new wiki for your server with all the new locations.

You could randomize constantly, and that would "solve" the wiki ... but then the game would lose a lot of its fun. You'd have the same (extremely low) chance of getting an item no matter where you went, so you'd have no reason to go anywhere. Everyone would just gravitate to the easiest camps.

To really make an "un-wikiable" server you'd have to change the itemization semi-frequently. You couldn't change too often, because you'd want players to be able to learn that certain items drop in certain areas ... but you'd have to change often enough so that once people get comfortable with a particular location for item X (and mark it in the wiki), then it would change to some other location.
I dont mean random in like diablo just jostle it up butt keep the tables static

so instead of Firegiant skarlon dropping https://wiki.project1999.com/Razing_Sword_of_Skarlon raizing sword of skarlon

maybe it drops off the gobbo king who is instead a lvl 46 mob with like 10k hp who is like so high MR that even with tash and malo mez is resisted 75% of the time
Old 08-27-2023, 09:04 PM
Banned

like the other gobbo king in runnyeyeye instead and maybe solb is a lower lvl zone instead ! and like sola is like a teens zone and solb becomes like a 30-40 zone !
Old 08-27-2023, 09:06 PM
Banned

same mobs same mob names and stuff tho so it feels pretty much like eq and ppl know basically where to find stuffs

0-0000 this would tie in real gud with the dwarves vs elves server cuz tho cool zone connections its going to have between solba -and like crushbone or something
Old 08-27-2023, 09:06 PM
Banned

i forgot the custom zone connections already butt they where the biggest selling point of that server for me as a pvp server !
Old 08-28-2023, 12:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Is there any way to put like a ticket in for this? Don’t even know how to do a ticket though

Will probably just have to eat the loss
Yeah just put a petition for it. Might take like 6 months to get it restored though. They do them in large batches. What Shoulders was it? If it was the Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads, they are easy as fuck to farm again on your own.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah just put a petition for it. Might take like 6 months to get it restored though. They do them in large batches. What Shoulders was it? If it was the Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads, they are easy as fuck to farm again on your own.
Yea it’s just rusty, not worth the hassle, I’ll just eat the loss
Old 08-28-2023, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

It's harder to change client code than it is to change content. P99 has several content developers, and it has fewer people who can untangle messy C++ stuff. This imbalance in skillsets plus needing to work around Rogean's availability to do patches and complex client stuff explains pretty much everything about how fast P99 can release changes. At least this is what I have gathered from my own observations over the years. It's not some crazy conspiracy, it's lots of people with other things to do in their lives making time for this stuff as and when they can.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's harder to change client code than it is to change content. P99 has several content developers, and it has fewer people who can untangle messy C++ stuff. This imbalance in skillsets plus needing to work around Rogean's availability to do patches and complex client stuff explains pretty much everything about how fast P99 can release changes. At least this is what I have gathered from my own observations over the years. It's not some crazy conspiracy, it's lots of people with other things to do in their lives making time for this stuff as and when they can.
P99 chooses not to leverage open source developers who have this knowledge. It's a choice the devs here have made. If competing servers become popular they might have to reconsider.

TAKP devs made a different choice by releasing their code as open source already.

The scene currently is being moved forward by TAKP's open source release.

Assuming Project Quarm is the first of many iterations of the EQEmu scene becoming more mature, it may lead to P99 eventually having to evolve how it competes. Not yet though.

Perfect competition is good for the consumer and would be good for the player base as a whole over time.