Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Kobold

Default Is EoT worth the price?

Is Emissary of Thule worth its price?

According to the wiki, EoT is higher level, has more hp and does more damage, but i'm wondering if it's really worth spending all that money for it.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think 60 necros use EoT much outside of a corner case you need a tank pet.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

It only does more damage on base hits. It bashes or kicks every 8 seconds for a measly amount of damage, like most Warrior pets, whereas the rogue backstabs for ~130-140. This is where the rogue pet makes up for the small damage lost in auto attacks.

Probably not terribly worth it. It is really just for tanking, or fighting mobs that do some form of major AoE effect that the pet needs HP to soak, however briefly.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Kobold

That's pretty much what i was thinking.. Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2015, 03:47 AM
Sarnak

If you don't like charming I would say it's worth it. Keeping EoT up with shadowbond/dispell when tanking is far far easier than anything else.

Sesserdrix - The rogue pet is 43, EoT is 47 (assuming best level). Does the level difference in of itself make a difference when attacking higher level mobs? ie- will the EoT have more chance to hit due to it's superior level? If so wouldn't that negate the extra dmg from pet BS?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

EoT is expensive but worth it. There won't always be an undead mob around for you to charm and he's very "tough" as far as summoned pets are concerned.

EoT is especially good against caster mobs. He bashes often and knocks out many spells. If you spend any extended period of time somewhere like most of Seb where almost every mob is a caster you'll notice it very quickly.

The Necros I have played with use it often. It doesn't make much sense to me to lvl a Necro and not get the spell.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Banned

Its too weak to tank anything outside green cons at the level its attained.

Straight up tanking a few seafuries will get it killed, so even greens can overwhelm it pretty easily. One dar ghoul knight in guk will get close to killing it also at times.

Obviously you won't be using it to tank much, and since its less dps then the 53 pet, there is really not much reason to get it.

Just wait until you can get it in a group or for cheap. Better things to invest in for sure.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Sesser says it's not worth it, case closed.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Aviak

Did this never get fixed?

http://web.archive.org/web/200104091...s.com/pets.asp

Emissary of Thule:
(2 bone chips & a Peridot)
HP Range 2400-2800
Max. Damage 61, Double Attack (random), Bash 40, Kick 40, Dual Wield (auto), Triple Attack, Procs a minor drain life spell (?)
New Abilities Stun ? (Peridot Required to cast spell)

The above info seems particularly relevant since it does not include immunity to fear in the new abilities section which places the information prior to that change.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

I use this thing constantly and pay close attention to what it is capable of, since it is the favorite aspect of the class for me (a fucking grim reaper/spectre pet, come on).

It doubles (and triples in the primary hand) automatically, hits for 61 max, procs a 75 damage lifetap often, and the wiki listing for it's HP seems pretty accurate. It bashes but does not kick as far as I've noticed, which is fine since mobs either bash OR kick I believe and bash has the benefit of interrupting casters (whether or not kick does much more damage I don't know).

A bit into Velious it should be immune to fear.

Can you get by without it? Absolutely
Will the 53 rogue pet out dps it? Possibly, if you can always position the mob so that the rogue will be backstabbing, but even then I wouldn't think the rogue wins out by much in dps.
Is it worth the cash? I for one think it absolutely is, it's a necro status symbol and is very useful though nothing amazing.

Just my 2C
Closed Thread