Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with your decision, but I would like to see the evidence for this.

Your statement has 2 parts to it.
1) These NPCs can drop the Rod of Battle
2) The frequency for the Rod of Battle is less than 100%.

I wasn't even able to find anything on #1, let alone #2. I didn't go super in-depth on this, but there's nothing to be found in the easy spots.

Just curious is all. I have shiny Azeroth gold for your time.
nirgon says it does, that what it does.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

These are easy kills as a 60 necro, when I went to get the robe for my SHD (which they didn't end up having) it was as easy as root rot (root + fd to break the dual spawn).

Then as the mob gets low life, feign death and let pet (specter) finish it off to avoid any faction loss as an iksar necro (a byproduct of us not being able to have faction mods while FD due to pet afk killin while FD).

Pretty crazy 360pp every 7 minutes as a solo iks nec - I can see why they'd be nerfed, but I didn't see anything saying the rod was not 100% drop rate (other than us needing a non classic nerf for balance reasons, grinding out close to 3500pp/hour solo is pretty nuts).
Old 06-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Also, the patrolling guards do not assist them in anyway (if you're good faction with the guards) - but I think that's the same as if you attack the necro guild leaders (guards don't assist them as they're on their own faction, just like the nihilists).
Old 06-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75398

This is what drops off the mob currently on Everquest live...
Old 06-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty crazy 360pp every 7 minutes as a solo iks nec - I can see why they'd be nerfed, but I didn't see anything saying the rod was not 100% drop rate (other than us needing a non classic nerf for balance reasons, grinding out close to 3500pp/hour solo is pretty nuts).
Do you have anything that shows these guys dropping the Rod of Battle on live or that mentions the drop rate? I'm genuinely curious.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Not at the moment, from my first 2 posts I drew the following conclusion:

The 3 items I had wanted (the NO RENT ones) were added later given the item IDs they had got.

Classic mobs drop the weapons they are shown wielding.

Only Rod of Battle has the spike staff graphic, and the nihilists always have the rod displayed, therefore they must always drop it.

Or are the nihilists going to show up with a weapon now and not actually drop it?
Old 06-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure how classic this page is, but:
http://imperiumserver.org/AllaClone/npc.php?id=82027

Shows a 10 min repop (not 28 min) and a 10k hp warrior class mob (so hopefully they don't turn into necros or shadow knights, despite their gear selections).
Old 06-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

From what I'm seeing:
http://www.chroniclesofnorrath.com/w...Yeegarn_(82027)

they should also drop a leather cap (they do not currently)
Old 06-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at the moment, from my first 2 posts I drew the following conclusion:

The 3 items I had wanted (the NO RENT ones) were added later given the item IDs they had got.

Classic mobs drop the weapons they are shown wielding.

Only Rod of Battle has the spike staff graphic, and the nihilists always have the rod displayed, therefore they must always drop it.

Or are the nihilists going to show up with a weapon now and not actually drop it?
That's pretty reasonable logic.

Couple things:

I'm not entirely sure on the Rod of Battle being the only Kunark item with that graphic though. I mean this literally. I'm really not sure.

And the point about mobs dropping the weapons they are shown wielding is unfortunately not always the case. I encountered this a lot sniping Chardok SoS/shields before the time of AE groups. Most of the Sarnaks who were holding a stave did not drop either a SoS, Burnished Wooden Stave, or anything else. Just an empty corpse. Though I will concede that this statement is correct 99% of the time.

Anyhow, I'll toss up 500pp blue (or 5g on Nostralius to anyone starting out there) to anyone who can find confirmatory evidence of these guys dropping the Rods of Battle on live.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Banned

There was some super garbage item with the same graphic but staff of battle from Kaesora is more likely.

Agree on leather cap.

Where does that link determine these were a 10min respawn? Lots of NPCs we know their actual hp from someone using hacks back in the day... but did that also reveal respawn?