Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Large Rat

Default Ruleset?

Back in the days of Kunark I used to play Vallon Zek. Definately the best MMO and PvP game I have ever played.

It was 4 team, +-9 levels PvP. Snare stuck for an age etcetc.

Which rule set does red follow? I know its +-4 levels and I *think* its FFA, what about the additions to PvP they added? Like short snares, etcetc. Are they in or is it a pure 1999 ruleset?

Teambased IMO is far better than FFA, the rucks between the shorties and elves in GFay and BB were awesome and everyone was scared of the darkies. Fun!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Orc

Let's see if I can answer along with some of the basic questions people have starting...

FFA +/- 4 levels PvP. If you want to level in CB/Unrest/MM/CoM you must run the gauntlet of ragebringer/fungi rogues followed by floating wizards dropping A bombs.

No item recharge, nocorpse caming (extensive LNS rules - suggest you review before playing as we have a lot of elf and troll lawyers).

Some people like to play petition quest, but they are sad people - don't be a sad person.

Currently two main guilds - Empire (formerly Holocaust) and Good Guys (an alliance of several guilds zerging to anti zerg zerg). Empire has a loot council, GG's have DKP.

Some really great people on the server being concealed and drowned out by a smaller core of people who are toxic.

Some ask for teams pvp, there is split on the matter.

Nukes land for 2/3 of their value if not resisted. People stack MR, other resists if they can.

Play what you want* (but make a bard / enchanter / druid etc. etc. before you make your real class so you can twink it out and not suffer any loss of face by actually dying)

Not related to RED: Emoteen in any way.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Large Rat

I played on VZ and the pvp teams ruleset is terrible. It all turned into Xteam guilds and you had to deal with people using healers that you couldn't attack etc.

The only way a teams server works is if it is hardcoded but even then I still prefer FFA
Old 05-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Don't make woodelf warrior as first character
Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudechis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't make woodelf warrior as first character
chuckled
Closed Thread