Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm arguing it's because we did not throw enough money at it, when we had the chance, before all the good educators left and the system became a total dumpster fire.
Yeah fucking right. Throw even more money at it, and where does that money go? It goes towards special education and accessibility bullshit garnered around slowing down curriculum so that down-syndrome David can learn how to roll his poop into "spheres" instead of balls.

The curriculum at its core is all about indocrinating children with 1984-style newspeak, and reading barely coherent diatribes from a jazzy wakandan written in the civil rights era and teaching white people thwir peices of shit for jews owning 60% of the american slaves while also owning literally 100%of the slave trade ships and supply chain.

Lack of money. Ffs.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Name one thing that exists that exists because money didn't come first.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone says Christianity or Buddhism... so help me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name one thing that exists that exists because money didn't come first.
Bankrupt the government beurocracracy hoarding all of the schools actual financing. Theyre collecting enough in property taxes as it is, but their own systems are fucking them out of actually seeing that in their paychecks on the ground level. The majority of their financing is disproportionately routed toward the hierarchy of their non-teaching positions.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

None of which would be a problem if they had the funding to run at a halfway decent pace.

What would you suggest could solve this problem you speak of I wonder, if not funding?

Edit: I want to circle back, this concept of bankrupting the system was the culture that I was speaking of that bankrupted the system!

Is it a dumpsterfire, yes.

Is it fixable, yea.

As other posters have said China did it, and if they did it (with money!) from way worse off than we are now, we can fix it here.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-19-2020 at 03:28 PM..
Old 09-19-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
All Americans live under the educational system organized and managed by the republican party, democrats have done nothing but lose in that arena for 40 years.

The american education system has been under attack by republicans since Nixon.
If you believe the education system leans right you are out of touch with reality beyond repair.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

I have at no point said anything of the sort.

The republican parties goal is to and was at the time, remove the public education system from existence, not make it "lean" any way, that's not even the issue. They controlled its funding by stripping it every chance they could. Democrats took their allowance and then scraped together crappy programs because they had no decent minds that had any interest to because they all left to go work in other fields.

Maybe it wouldnt lean to a bunch of hippy dippy finger painting bs that angers the right so much, if there was some money in it.

I dont know why I even try, everyone has all just become a bunch of secular dispensationalists and anarchists all desperate for a collapse and you all know it.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-19-2020 at 04:47 PM..
Old 09-19-2020, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Ok but hear me tout.

Throwing money at problem, does solve it. It's how we built rockets that took us to the moon, or bridges that connect trade between nations.

And I think it's important to clarify that china has thrown huge amounts of money at education, it spends 50% more per student at an elementary school level than the US does and while america spends somehere around 12k per student at a college level the Chinese goverment spends around 40-50k USD per year, so I would argue china does throw money at its problems, including education, and so china did do it, with money!

None of what mankind has achived is done without capital, from the pyramids to the rockets that will take us to mars, and if the education system had capital, all the problems you speak of can be solved, like they were in china, which has virtually no education system to speak of when the EQ generation's parents were in school.

Edit: was gonna fix tout auto correct but it is a good pun cus I am trying to sell this idea hehe
China spends about 3.5T yuan (about $520B) on our equivalent of public education. The US spends about $720B/year. China spends less than the US in absolute terms, and far less per capita. Even China's total expenses of 5T yuan, that includes college, only equals $738B. They spend as much on their whole system as the US does on K-12.

"Throw money at it" is clearly not the answer.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not saying china 'as a country' runs their education system better, You cant look at overall spending, or per capita of everyone in each nation, because though poverty and access to education is a small problem in the USA, it is way more of a problem in China. You can get an idea of money's affect on education if you look at spending per student in provinces that have equal or higher funding to american public school systems, and in those examples its no contest, money talks: Their students are brighter than our students.

I'm not talking about how to run a country, but I am saying that there is a direct correlation with everything everyone here complains bout education, getting worse, the more we took money out of it.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-19-2020 at 05:21 PM..
Old 09-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Banned

Private education is the answer here not more money. The government can’t handle social security or road repair. Why we think they could tackle the education system is ignorant of the facts.

I misunderstood your words to say the educational system is conservative.
Closed Thread