Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Seen tons of people with seasonal sickness running noses sniffles etc very scary stuff
Old 12-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you propose 65+ year olds self quarantine for months to years, exactly? How do they get groceries? How do they go for doctors visits? How do you protect the tens of thousands of elderly in skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities?

What about the at-risk young -- people with Type I (genetic) diabetes, chemotherapy, or autoimmune diseases, or other conditions who need to work to survive?
Groceries can be delivered. Here locally, Walmart has dedicated 7am on Monday and Tuesday to the elderly, I think it’s a good idea.

Again, taking drastic measures that aren’t affective just so you can feel good about yourself is not something I want to subscribe to.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Banned

aid to people voluntarily self-quarantining would have been a good idea, I agree
Old 12-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would have been easier to just make concessions to help out those groups rather than shutting down the nation.
Except broader help was proposed and was shot down by your candidate
Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except broader help was proposed and was shot down by your candidate
Pelosi also sacrificed all of her leverage early on, and stonewalled on future opportunities by holding out for non-starters. Both parties were playing toward the same ends. The Democrats played to lose. Don't doubt it.

PS: AOC and Bernie voted for it all the way and never posed ANY opposition.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 12-06-2020 at 09:06 PM..
Old 12-06-2020, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

In retrospect it was a waste of time to get a level 60 epic bard and enchanter that I don't play anymore
Old 12-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m a realist. I just don’t see the lockdowns helping enough to offset the negative impacts.

The media has tried to make this a partisan issue. Because the want to pint Republicans as careless for the sole reason of getting Democrats elected.

Let me make this clear. The media is not your friend. They do not care about your lives, they only care about serving themselves and the democratic leadership.
No, let’s actually be clear. The media hasn’t tried to make this a partisan issue. Trump made it a partisan issue because he couldn’t admit to making a mistake. He could have said “you know what guys? There are technically some things I could’ve done better and the federal government could’ve done better. We screwed up on some of the initial steps, but by the way this is a pandemic of a novel disease so mistakes are essentially to be expected at times and I’m sorry that we weren’t flawless on that but I don’t think anyone could’ve been. But now we are going to learn from our mistakes and we’re gonna listen to the science and the doctors and we are going to come together and beat this thing.” If he had done that it never would’ve been a partisan issue (at least not in the media).

But Trump is a petulant child who can’t ever admit having made a mistake or lost. I’ve literally watched him cheat at golf to avoid losing or taking a hit on his scoresheet from a bad shot. So because he’s immature and can’t admit mistakes, he has to come up with another approach...I.e. downplay the entire thing and essentially pretend like it’s a non-issue, which is how it then turns into a partisan issue.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

U watch trumo golfing? U retarded?
Old 12-06-2020, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pelosi also sacrificed all of her leverage early on, and stonewalled on future opportunities by holding out for non-starters. Both parties were playing toward the same ends. The Democrats played to lose. Don't doubt it.

PS: AOC and Bernie voted for it all the way and never posed ANY opposition.
Pelosi is holding up the new steezy over civil liability protection for biznasses. She gay.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, let’s actually be clear. The media hasn’t tried to make this a partisan issue. Trump made it a partisan issue because he couldn’t admit to making a mistake. He could have said “you know what guys? There are technically some things I could’ve done better and the federal government could’ve done better. We screwed up on some of the initial steps, but by the way this is a pandemic of a novel disease so mistakes are essentially to be expected at times and I’m sorry that we weren’t flawless on that but I don’t think anyone could’ve been. But now we are going to learn from our mistakes and we’re gonna listen to the science and the doctors and we are going to come together and beat this thing.” If he had done that it never would’ve been a partisan issue (at least not in the media).

But Trump is a petulant child who can’t ever admit having made a mistake or lost. I’ve literally watched him cheat at golf to avoid losing or taking a hit on his scoresheet from a bad shot. So because he’s immature and can’t admit mistakes, he has to come up with another approach...I.e. downplay the entire thing and essentially pretend like it’s a non-issue, which is how it then turns into a partisan issue.
I agree with him being a petulant child who can't admit wrongdoing, but the media could have been the bigger person too. They don't have to politicize every single story related to covid going forward, which they are doing, just because trump is an arrogant prick. They could say "ya know what? Trump is an asshole, and he can't admit any mistakes, but with that being said here's an analysis of the relative risk of the virus versus the impacts of what some call a drastic over reaction.". They never do that though, ever.

In the last presidential debate, the moderator actually *DID*, finally, do this. She asked biden a question that was something like "Some have said that the consequences of our response to the virus is worse than exposure to the virus itself." which I give her big points for. Unfortunately biden completely dodged it and blamed everything on trump, and then assured the nation that "he will have a plan", ya know, eventually.
Closed Thread