Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Default Share your Favorite Melee Stories

This is the place for your stories that felt awesome, that would make pet classes laugh at your pathetic antics.

Recent favorites of mine include:

--fighting the Tae Ew Archon solo as a level 50 rogue in the epic "arena" right below him, maneuvering for backstabs (without falling off) and chasing him when he got low health (without falling off, while he warps around, before he can run far enough to warp completely away) were some good heart-rate-increasing fun

-being jumped on Green as a teenage rogue by a West Commonlands werewolf, deciding to bow kite him, unexpectedly winning, and then finding a werewolf pelt on him. Immediately began the run west, snuck past Tundra Jack the One Punch Man, and got a shiny new cloak

-telling a low level guildie to meet me inside Highpass Gnoll side, and watching from gnoll ledge in horror as the gnoll ledge firepaw takes off, rounding up about every gnoll in the pass. RIP you beautiful, too trusting guildmate.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

It kinda blurs together at this point, but back when I was 16 or 30 or something, on one of my rogues, I was new or returning to EverQuest and was venturing from Qeynos to Highkeep. I ran through the plains and, being weary, thought the Inn at the cross road in East Karana would be a nice place to rest. I sat down and was quickly pummeled through the ceiling by a local hill giant. I cleverly decided that invisibility was the solution to this problem and snuck, without SoW, the whole way from Qeynos to High keep without any harm befalling me.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

I sneak hided with a level 1 rogue from rivervale to odus for some reason.

I think it took like 1 year real life time not sure.

Takes a while to get the sneak / hide combo to land at level 1.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

I was soloing one of my warriors and had someone train a mob onto me.
Got down to low hp and i'm just spamming my kick/blash hotkey.
Super lucky I was getting some crits and I survived both mobs.
This was in the 20s.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

My first character was a warrior.

My subsequent couple of characters I thought were total garbage classes because I could never solo anything. The warrior could take down yellows no problem and bard and ranger barely survive a blue. I didn't know about the details of "Berserker Frenzy" yet. Pretty powerful. Warriors are cool.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

i played warrior most of live and was absolutely retarded. I probably died 30 or 40 times running to qeynos from freeport for frivolous reasons. Can only imagine how much better my EQ experience would of been as a druid.
Also never finishing my epic thanks to green scale.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

I figured out by experimenting with various quests that the Shardwing Courier drop turnin was like 1.5% of 59, and started killing it with snare and slow poisons. Even slowed and with discipline up, it was always close unless I happened to be raid buffed.

Also starting faction fights between the dwarves and giants in Great Divide and finishing off a blue giant after it pummeled 4 or 5 green dwarves to death.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Jayya I still regret missing out on that idea to mass-bow-snipe a dragon
Old 04-07-2021, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, trying to do that to Sontalak would have been cool. Not enough Rangers left in the alliance after the big split to Freedom though. Population's changed some since then, maybe I should try and reevaluate.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Newly remembered shenanigans:

- logged out during first Plane of Growth raid. Logged back in, killed by satyrs. Edge-of-my-seat solo corpse run ensues; zone in naked, Sneak/Hide instantly before satyr aggro from across zone (success). Drag corpse, open-to-loot-Sneak-Hide simultaneously (success, very fast heart rate at this point). Begin thurgadin port (cap empty), satyr aggro, and finish casting as satyrs enter draw distance.
Closed Thread