Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow not fun? As opposed to lawyer quest? Seriously at least you can *play* WoW, any game you have to write a 5 page essay to raid is fuking lame
That's the problem with Retail WOW. You can't actually play it. It's time-gated really bad, to where even if you hit max level today, it might be 2-3 months before your character is actually able to raid, but by then the next patch will be out, so you are better off unsubbing and resubbing when the next patch drops.

Classic WoW just feels really, really, really fucking pointless. 1-59 nothing matters at all. You are not going to make a meaningful amount of gold, you are not going to experience something new or have any sense of adventure. You don't get new spells or anything. You're using the exact same rotation.

EQ just feels better when you're leveling. Like you get new spells, you never know what camps are going to be taken or if youre going to get a really good group, you may actually get a rare item, or at least earn enough currency that feels like it has actual meaning to it. My Gold on WoW I literally give to complete strangers who can't afford WoW tokens. It feels so pointless.

Some of the best items in EQ feel inherently valuable, like I can't fathom how much real life money it would take to buy a manastone or blade of the black dragon eye etc. In WoW, basically any item you want, you can buy, but that item will be obsolete in 20 months and never feels rare because there's like 100 of them for sale at any given time.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the problem with Retail WOW. You can't actually play it. It's time-gated really bad, to where even if you hit max level today, it might be 2-3 months before your character is actually able to raid, but by then the next patch will be out, so you are better off unsubbing and resubbing when the next patch drops.

Classic WoW just feels really, really, really fucking pointless. 1-59 nothing matters at all. You are not going to make a meaningful amount of gold, you are not going to experience something new or have any sense of adventure. You don't get new spells or anything. You're using the exact same rotation.

EQ just feels better when you're leveling. Like you get new spells, you never know what camps are going to be taken or if youre going to get a really good group, you may actually get a rare item, or at least earn enough currency that feels like it has actual meaning to it. My Gold on WoW I literally give to complete strangers who can't afford WoW tokens. It feels so pointless.

Some of the best items in EQ feel inherently valuable, like I can't fathom how much real life money it would take to buy a manastone or blade of the black dragon eye etc. In WoW, basically any item you want, you can buy, but that item will be obsolete in 20 months and never feels rare because there's like 100 of them for sale at any given time.
Yeah. Nothing in wow feels special or unique anymore. It feels like visiting Disneyland. Once you've ridden the rides, you have enough tokens to get the same cute stuffed seal everyone else is walking around with.

Granted I would not mind living out my days in a big pile of stuffed animals.
Closed Thread