Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your mother thinks otherwise.

Bazinga!
Gottem
Old 04-22-2021, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

/bow
Old 04-22-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
innocent girl was only trying to stab someone
Old 04-22-2021, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Cop literally stops an attempted murder, lady trying to butcher another person, and people are so upset... I will never understand. If she is willing to do that in front of a cop (just think about that) it is likely she would have tried to kill someone else in the future. The cop likely prevented more than one murder.

Admittedly, it is entirely possible that both women would have survived the scuffle if the cop just sat back and watched, but when someone crosses the peaceful line of society, and tries to flay a victim in broad daylight, they forfeit any sympathy or pity. Clearly the victim couldn't defend herself, so it was administered by someone whose job it is to protect and serve. If vulnerable people can't turn to cops in life or death situations, when the cop is right there... fantastic policing job. He had the situational awareness to ignore the guy soccer kicking the person in the foreground and stopped a murder.

It is sad someone died, and people have to examine what would lead to someone becoming a murderer.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

See here’s the issue. In no way do I think she’s innocent, (you can probably put me in the liberal camp here) I just don’t think she had to die because of it.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See here’s the issue. In no way do I think she’s innocent, (you can probably put me in the liberal camp here) I just don’t think she had to die because of it.
Its quite simple. Don't go after someone with a knife right in front of a cop.

Then she wouldn't have died.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe the girl in pink identifies as a knife rack? Gotta consider all the angles here.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You play stupid games and you win stupid prizes?
Old 04-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the girl in pink identifies as a knife rack? Gotta consider all the angles here.
good point

knife rack lives matter
Old 04-22-2021, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What was supposed to happen? Stand there and politely ask her to stop knifing the other person? Get in a fistfight with someone who has a knife and hope she only cuts up your arms and doesn't get you in the throat or eyes?

She didn't "have" to die. You don't shoot to kill. You shoot to stop the aggression. You aim for the center of mass because Hollywood movies aren't real and pistols are not precision implements. That someone happens to die is unfortunate, but not necessarily a given. People survive being shot much more often than not. Did the police officer walk over and plug her half a dozen more times once she was motionless on the ground to make sure? There's a wide difference between stopping aggression and purposely killing someone.

Danth
Closed Thread