Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 02:16 PM
Banned

To be fare I got all my tradeskills up to 51 for almost practically no money. Except sorta blacksmithing. which was like 45p
pottery like 48p
brewering like 30p
tailoring I actually made money from because I was converting pelts into masks (it puts the lotion on its furrrr or it gets the whip again)
etc.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fare I got all my tradeskills up to 51 for almost practically no money. Except sorta blacksmithing. which was like 45p
pottery like 48p
brewering like 30p
tailoring I actually made money from because I was converting pelts into masks (it puts the lotion on its furrrr or it gets the whip again)
etc.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Masks very much in season atm, good business sense and a prosocial enterprise. I do have to say, it is unlikely your home made masks actually provide any sv vs disease.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-01-2021, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Early levels of tradeskills can be done fairly cheaply, but they still take up time and some money (which really means just "more time"). However, they don't give you very good loot, with the possible exception of 10-slot backpacks.

I strongly suspect that if you spend all that time leveling and getting loot off mobs, you'll wind up much better off ... even if it means you have to purchase your backpacks.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:15 PM
Banned

I play this game to consume time and a lot of times I don't have time to grp but time to consume, thats why it was my go-to. Obviously everyones gonna have different experiences and opinions.

When I was 19 I ignored everyone's posts about tradeskills. And just begged my lvl 40 friends to make me fine steel armor at cost lol. (they did)

There's no right or wrong way to play an immersive, sandbox, mmo lol.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
type in "qeynos project 1999" and click the wikipedia page and look at the maps.

Nice job getting the game to load up dude, thats the hard part.

Not knowing WTF to do is kind of the best part of the game, relish it.

/c or /con or /consider will tell you if you can kill a given enemy. You're going to be looking for the newbie yard with rats and things and to start killing them and getting experience points.

I guess its a steep learning curve I can't remember its been a zillion years. Welcome to the game!

????? who the hell types /C when you can literally just press C?
Old 05-14-2021, 03:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get the hang of eq and want an even earlier experience check out m59 on steam. Two of the original devs still run the three active servers and it hasn’t changed in almost 30 years.
105/112 are the best servers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2021, 03:44 AM
Banned

whatever you do

do not min max
Old 05-14-2021, 07:42 AM
Aviak

What exactly is min/max? Like a ogre warrior is min/max so I should roll a halflings warrior and that’s max/min right?

Is min/max even the opposite of max/min?

Screw it, I’m playing a Druid anyway��.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:21 AM
Banned

halfling warrior is actuall minmax

were as ogre warrior is 'on paper min max'

gnome pretty close to minmax2 cuz of certain things like bullshmasher in classic, high dexterity etc

admittedly its fun to solo ogre warriors till about 24.. but then idk, troll warrior kinda takes over as being something, by 50 they are all kinda got their pros and cons

maybe rather than thinking in terms ofmin max ppl should do /pro/con lists
Old 05-14-2021, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

I never understood the terminology min/max or the terminology "twink" I always thought it was Tweek like the character was tweeked out with gear..when I was 11.

I think it means choosing optimal pathway for your goal. If you want to be a warrior I think min/max is an ogre, all points to dexterity. Ogre because FSI, weighted axe, throwing boulders.

A weird one is like the paladin, where if you are going to get all best in slot gear, a high elf paladin with all points to Charisma is the min max choice, because the charisma stat is going to be lowest and non maxxed when you have all the best gear in the game.

But unless you get all the best gear in the game, that is a pretty terrible way to play a paladin with way too low strength and stamina and that charisma does nothing for you unless you lull way too often.

For the most part it never matters, because really min/maxing is pretty rare and you can see there are some debatable points about best race to choose and best stat to allocate.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread