Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 10:52 PM
Aviak

Default Misty Spawn time?

Did misty thicket get a revamp on spawn timer? Guards used to be 6:40 now it's 20 minutes.. ?
Thanks
Cosmicc
Old 05-07-2021, 11:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I noticed this too. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly and the Wiki is wrong, it's still 6:40 on Blue so why the change? The Devs are so committed to being #classic yet they ruin one of the best lower level camps just because it's popular?

Not to mention this is mainly hurting newer players.
Last edited by Kaaji1359; 05-08-2021 at 12:16 AM..
Old 05-08-2021, 08:03 AM
Large Rat

Also did Ella Foodcrafter change pathing? She’s aggro’d me twice recently after going many lvls without aggro
Old 05-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Apparently merchants assist now? Where are all of these guard changes coming from? Where's the justification?
Old 05-10-2021, 12:03 AM
Orc

the wall guards are nerfed on blue too
Old 05-10-2021, 08:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This question was asked and answered by the devs in the bug report part of the forum: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=384290
Old 05-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Aviak

Well darn, that ruins a good lvling / plat areas for mid levels :/

Glad it was intended and not broken though..
Old 05-11-2021, 10:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah, I hate that it was changed - not for me but for my friend who just joined. I've had time to level 2 characters there and make a good amount of money, he has not. There's very few options for making money while experiencing at that low of a level and now newer players can't use something that lots of older players were able to use to generate income.

Oh well, #classic is classic I guess.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Slaughtering guards is evil and not fully classic. The previously incorrect spawn rate seems to be the reason that it flourished here and I am glad to see it done. The game was never designed around slaughtering static spawn NPC's in non dangerous zones (like most guard killing is) and basically wherever that is flourishing its good to stamp it out.

The one exception was places like the HHK library NPC's that was were a lot of evil guys hung out on live because it was the exception not the rule.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slaughtering guards is evil and not fully classic. The previously incorrect spawn rate seems to be the reason that it flourished here and I am glad to see it done. The game was never designed around slaughtering static spawn NPC's in non dangerous zones (like most guard killing is) and basically wherever that is flourishing its good to stamp it out.

The one exception was places like the HHK library NPC's that was were a lot of evil guys hung out on live because it was the exception not the rule.
Wasn't Butcherblock Docks a popular XP spot in Classic? I always remember people killing guards during Kunark era. Here are other reports:

"Way back when, when Kunark just came out, there were a lot of level 50 necro's and other classes that would camp the West Freeport, East Freeport, Neriak, and a few other newbie areas killing the guards. Back then that was how you made platinum. After a while, people that were just joining the game would complain to the GM's that these higher level characters were killing the guards. Which made it difficult for low level characters to level. Since the guards were always dead, when a level 2 guy got an add or 2, the only thing they could do to stay alive was to run to a guard and let them kill it. Guards were not there so the level 2 guy died. It happened to me once upon a time. Imagine starting from level 1 with no friend in game or equipment to get you started. It would be very tough without those guards to protect you."

"The good ole days of killing bouncers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Pre- Kunark there was always a group of uber 48-50's camped at the zone, decked out in PoF/PoH gear. Killem at zone, loot the FS, and walk to the vendor right in front of you & sell the stuff off her fellow ogurs corpses"

Dated from 2004 @ https://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=480.0
Closed Thread