Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess the question is, should something that's provably non-classic be kept because a lot of people have become accustomed to it? In this project the answer to that has traditionally been no.
Except when it comes to charm.

Everyone knows charm wasn't half as widely used in classic as it is on this server, and yet no one seems to be surfacing any research to try and get it fixed (or if they are, the staff seems to be ignoring it).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-09-2021 at 10:33 AM..
Old 05-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Mage pets are now where they always should had been, good. Maybe fix Enchanter charming because it was never like this on live and everyone knows it.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprise-changes are rarely fun. I really wish devs would let players in the loop more what they’re thinking, doesn’t mean they need to be part of the decision process, just let them be in the know.

Today you could level an enchanter and when you finally get somewhere BLAM charm nerf out the blue, oh mr casual guess you can rerroll.
Sorry you dont like classic everqueste
Old 05-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

No enchanter on live charmed regularly. It was too unreliable because it would break randomly no matter how buffed your cha was. P99 enchanters aren’t classic that’s for sure.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-09-2021, 12:28 PM
Kobold

maybe this "nerf" is just a bug? lets not jump to conclusions guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2021, 12:50 PM
Banned

mages were always a trash tier class
hope this helps
Old 05-09-2021, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe this "nerf" is just a bug? lets not jump to conclusions guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dolalain (our current classic research champion) has posted proof in other threads that this is a deliberate change to make things classic, and not a bug.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mages were always a trash tier class
hope this helps
I'm pretty sure that's false.

Everything I've read indicates that Mages were incredibly powerful on live at the start (eg. their pets were better tanks than actual tanks!) It was because of that they were nerfed by Verant, but they only became a "trash tier class" after the nerfing. For whatever reason (perhaps the difficulty of coding their early versions, or perhaps simply due to selective fixing on the devs' part) they never got that "Golden Era" here though, so they started at "decent/mid-range", and have only declined since [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But look, classic is the point of this place. If it's technically difficult/impossible to provide the "golden era", I'm fine with playing a "as-close-to-classic-as-we-can-get" mage ... even if that means sucking. What bothers me is that other classes have been OBVIOUSLY unclassic for over a decade here, and yet the devs just turn a blind eye to it ... ignoring the upper-left corner when it comes to (say) charming.

Last edited by loramin; 05-09-2021 at 01:02 PM..
Old 05-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except when it comes to charm.

Everyone knows charm wasn't half as widely used in classic as it is on this server, and yet no one seems to be surfacing any research to try and get it fixed (or if they are, the staff seems to be ignoring it).
Standard Loramin post citing his own opinion and applying it to everyone else like “everyone knows!”

He’s the trump of P99 lol
Old 05-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Kobold

mages are useful for coth and das

pets are for nerds
Closed Thread