Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Default Shaman AC importance vs other stats?

Theoryquesting here -- because there's no way I can afford all of these items -- but I was just looking at the numbers of a Lodi Shield + Hiero Cloak combo vs a Lodi Shield (on back) + Orb of the Infinite Void combo.

With the orb + lodi, you get 25 more AC. With cloak + lodi you get roughly equivalent stats, minus the 25 extra AC... but it's 8-10k cheaper.

So the question is: how big of a different for a mid-50s shaman would that 25ac make?
Old 08-21-2018, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Usually post 50 level shamans don’t worry about ac since grouping will provide a decent tank and dps to keep aggro off you. However if you’re more of a lone wolf then yes ac is important but regardless of being solo or group oriented, hp/stamina and mana would take priority over ac for majority of shamans here.

The real question would be whether to take hp/stamina over mana or vice versa since canni becomes second nature as you gain more levels and access higher canni tiers. But if plat is not a problem then ac is always a nice cushion of insurance for those inevitable “slow/rebuff” aggros.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

By and large stats don't matter for shaman: it's all about your spells, clickies (epic and JBB) and regen (ikky bp and fungi). Those factors make a HUGE HUGE difference in your Shaman's power/solo leveling rate, whereas I can all but guarantee you won't really notice +25 of any stat.

IMHO you should forget about stuff like lodi shields and heiro cloaks. Since I'm assuming you already have your spells, I'd recommend a shopping list of Ikky BP, then JBB, then a fungi (sell Ikky BP), then an epic (sell fungi), then another fungi, then Torpor (sell fungi again).

Every other slot you should just wear whatever junk you loot until you get those other items or start raiding, because their impact pales in comparison to the main items.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-22-2018 at 12:59 AM..
Old 08-22-2018, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

It really depends on what you are fighting and how much AC you have already got.

Basically, if you are on the cusp of mitigating adding AC might make a difference.

Also consider there should be worn AC caps that improve with level.

Keep all your AC buffs up. Don't forget inner fire stacks with talisman/shield lines.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:04 AM
Kobold

It's noticeable once you get up around 1200,1300ac, but HP will be far and away the more important stat for your shaman's career.

So, for a "mid-50's" shaman, don't worry about it; concentrate on playing your class better and maximizing HP where you can.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:16 AM
Banned

I’ve found AC matters and I prioritize maximizing it.

I take a lot of hits, even at 60, and ac helps cut down on the damage very significantly. If you tank, I highly recommend set ups like orb of void and Lodi shield.

Every 20-30 ac provides a noticeable difference. I even use the extra ac buff from jaundiced bone breastplate which makes a big difference.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

The best way to manage your AC is to think of 1ac = 5hp @ lvl 60.

Hope this helps, my shaman has 1470 AC raid buffed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Hp all the way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Aviak

What gear do you guys have that you can self buff 1300 AC?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What gear do you guys have that you can self buff 1300 AC?
End game raid gear.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread