Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 06:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lore wise I'd like,

Halfling Bard
Iksar Rogue
Barbarian Paladin

If I were to ever make a spiritual successor to this game, there'd be several race/class options only available after completing some in game quest lines.
gated race class combos is gonna be a big NO from me. I get the Halfling Bard and Barb Pally and liked the idea when Zaide was talking about it on stream a few weeks ago, but I dont get your angle for Iksar rogues.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

aviak wizard
Old 03-23-2021, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the Halfling Bard and Barb Pally and liked the idea when Zaide was talking about it on stream a few weeks ago, but I dont get your angle for Iksar rogues.
There's all the Iksar outcasts, bandits, marauders, etc. There'd be a secret guild hall somewhere (Swamp of No Hope, Warslick maybe?), you'd be dubious in most of Cabilis, maybe non-kos to the pirates.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre Monk hands down.

Ogre anything else.

Barbarian ranger.

non-classic class / race combos is a slippery slope, the traditional limitations are pretty much fixed there are very few that actually make sense to add.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Please excuse me for trying to sound cool and loring out on some ideas. I read some previous posts and they sound cool.

Barbarian Paladin, Qeynos Paladins tried to convert them, but a tunare Paladin beat them in a duel. The Qeynos Paladins yielding in honor. So now Barbarian Paladins are tunare and get tunare epic.

Banished monk found a new form of feign death. Abandoned by his clan he knew ogres could be great monks. Of course upon arrival he was attacked by a high level Ogre Shadowknight. The Ogre shadowknight became confident and let his pet finish him off. But the new monk, abandoned for his new ideals and abilities, learned of a feign death that makes you invisible to undead after you stand. He then used mend and caught the ogre off guard. Then out of respect ogres let him teach them the way of monk.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Gnome and paladin/SK would be interesting once the tinkering is fully upgraded. Sk being able to almost max haste themselves is pretty strong.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Same story with gnome monk, too, I suppose heh.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same story with gnome monk, too, I suppose heh.
After seeing his adopted father and uncle split apart, during the feudal crisis in Cabilis. The first gnome monk returned to Ak'anon. Guaranteeing to continue his adopted fathers legacy and reject his uncle. He promised to continue the good path of monk in Ak'anon. He knew not if he could do it. What could a low level gnome monk offer the world? Something changed in him through after seeing his father defeat his uncle in a fight, having to leave him in kunark.

"We have no cause here. The Iksars will not change.", said the father monk. The evil uncle rejected and said, "No! I know we were here to make monks. But we found them! Look at their power." Sadly the adopted gnomes father couldn't handle a change in the mission plan. He had to leave. There was a fight and the father monk barely made it to Firiona Vie. "Set sail... tell them to be wary of the iksar monks."

I edited it so its more kid friendly. Hey in star wars and the hobbit there's fighting n stuff... /shrugs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by A Knight; 03-24-2021 at 10:21 PM..
Old 03-24-2021, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Actually. knew there was a reason my brain told me only SK/paladin. It's a plate only item.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

I'll stop. Please feel free to continue.
Closed Thread