Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 12:40 AM
Orc

To answer the original question, when the server population shows 1,000 I would guess ~400-500 unique players. Some people follow the single-box rule, however, there are a lot of people who don't care. It's loosely enforced because the GMs appreciate the inflated population #s. Most of my family and friends have already quit due to the very disappointing end game on Green.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:57 AM
Aviak

Report boxers. OP is likely guilty of other things, as well as boxing. Kind of left field otherwise.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To answer the original question, when the server population shows 1,000 I would guess ~400-500 unique players. Some people follow the single-box rule, however, there are a lot of people who don't care. It's loosely enforced because the GMs appreciate the inflated population #s. Most of my family and friends have already quit due to the very disappointing end game on Green.
Eh. This seems like horse shit.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is completely incorrect. I would subtract like a third of the population of EC as tunnel mules (maybe being boxed or just people tunnel questing) so that’s like 50 people. Then I would say there’s probably like another 50-100 characters that are boxed throughout the world (and that’s total, not 100 people playing an additional character making 200. Its 50 people playing an additional character making it 100). That’s just my rough estimate.

GMs don’t loosely enforce the boxing rules at all. The only reason I speculate it could be as high as 100 is my theory is there could be people out just XPing in remote corners of the world where no one comes across them and pays them any mind/thinks to watch and report them. Or people playing solo characters in different zones. But if you report boxing the GMs will for sure enforce it hard, there’s so much evidence of this fact. Don’t insult the staff by acting like they don’t enforce the rule because they care about some number on a screen.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:51 AM
Banned

they only enforce serious matters like dispelling mobs stolen from you
Old 05-02-2021, 06:49 AM
Aviak

Very shocked and disappointed to hear about multiboxing on this server. There's been times occasionally where I've thought to myself "man, wouldn't it be nice to just be able to get a quick port to X" or something, or "I could really do with some enc buffs rn", but I feel very passionately that it's just wrong. It depends on the server of course, if it's allowed it's allowed, but Green is the gold standard for EQ for me and it just makes me sad to see people trashing it like this.

The reason I regard is as trashy behaviour that trashes the game is:

- Multiboxing is cancerous to the character and spirit of a server. It eats away at the bedrock of what breathes life into an otherwise sterile server and world, irrespective of how well-crafted and attractive that world may be. When you're second guessing whether whole groups are real people or not, it completely shatters the 4th wall for me. EQ is a very immersive game for the most part and boxing ruins it. It turns the world into a wasteland of bots farming plat.
- Multiboxing allows selfish individuals to multiply their cancerous behaviour to ruin large areas of the game. Individuals who won't multibox and who value their account are punished with being unable to access key areas for drops.

It's basically the equivalent of someone taking up 4 seats on a packed bus at rush hour. Selfish, anti-social, and you deserve to be thrown off.

I 100% hope every single person who sees someone they suspect is multiboxing goes to the trouble of at least attempting to report it. I would drop the ban-hammer so fucking hard on multiboxers they would regret ever playing P99 in the first place.

Fuck multiboxers. If it's allowed on your server that's your prerogative, if it's not, fuck you.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

Multiboxing is relatively rare. The consequences are dire so few fuck with it. Does it happen? Yes. Is every third person you see a multiboxer? No.

What IS common is account sharing and it's a problem of it's own. Guilds gearing shared characters allowing dumb shit like mage pet spam and trivializing raid content. Or allowing multiple players to camp manastone for days on a single character.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Multiboxing is relatively rare. The consequences are dire so few fuck with it. Does it happen? Yes. Is every third person you see a multiboxer? No.

What IS common is account sharing and it's a problem of it's own. Guilds gearing shared characters allowing dumb shit like mage pet spam and trivializing raid content. Or allowing multiple players to camp manastone for days on a single character.

The number of "brothers" and "wives" I've seen logging in to port, rezz and/or roll extra on pickup raids is ridiculous.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Top players all cheat and do this shit obviously. Stay under level 20 and keep your nose clean
Old 05-02-2021, 09:30 AM
Banned

Are druids and necromancers REAL? Some would say they are just choices or lifestyles, I don't know if I've met any real ones.
Closed Thread