Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

There’s no raid size cap so I wouldn’t worry about that
Old 04-30-2021, 09:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well no, I don't have a warrior. I have to play something with a little bit of soloability. I have no friends in this game. I was just wondering how a warrior would end up doing that. I struggle to get to mobs as it is without the rest of the zone salivating to grab it before I could, and this is with a 45 mage by myself. I can't imagine how tough it is for a class that relies on having cooperative people at their back and call, like a warrior. I'm dealing with that right now trying to camp Quid Rilstone.

Mage itself is one I was considering maining at one point, and it is in fact my highest level character at the moment, but I worry about my soloability later on and I worry about being able to get into a raid, because how many mod rod vendors does a raid need? I still use him to farm guards and try to get gear for all the other characters I've tried and failed with though.
Idk what to say man, be nice and thankful, fair and courteous. If you do those things you’ll make friends I think. I’ll be your friend you can have those eyestalks for free if you want to main a warrior.

I’m not the kinda friend that’s always gonna camp pixels with you. Till we’re 60 then that’s what you do.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:22 PM
Banned

Isn’t the raid scene on p99 easy oversimplified fights spent mostly staring at an empty space for hours then killing a dragon in 20 seconds?

Pass, I’ll take re-rolling and twinking alts any day
Old 04-30-2021, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk what to say man, be nice and thankful, fair and courteous. If you do those things you’ll make friends I think. I’ll be your friend you can have those eyestalks for free if you want to main a warrior.

I’m not the kinda friend that’s always gonna camp pixels with you. Till we’re 60 then that’s what you do.
I've done all that, don't think I've ever really majorly pissed anyone off in this game at least, but I dunno, I just don't seem to be getting those connections. I even offered to help someone last night with a few mobs they needed in Rathe Mtns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn’t the raid scene on p99 easy oversimplified fights spent mostly staring at an empty space for hours then killing a dragon in 20 seconds?

Pass, I’ll take re-rolling and twinking alts any day
It's still something I'd love to experience one day, as soon as I figure out what I want to play.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
level up. u dont need 2 quit ur job. plenty of peeps do raiding with a job.
Pretty much anyone can do the non-competitive stuff. Planar raids, Karl/SS/Thurg quest armor. Prolly VP eventually.

If you want the real high end stuff though that's like playing a different game entirely.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:52 PM
Banned

What do u enjoy?

Don't worry about endgame.

If u like helping newbs, clr, dru, shm, ench, bard

If like having a pet with little downtime go necro, especially if u like the undead thing

Pulling? Monk, bard, rnger.

Tanking? Pally.

Dps? War, rogue, monk.

Exploring? Ench, rogue.

Afk and booking? Doing yoga, chores? Wizard. Also droughts & lures r desirable.

Cc... any class with root, stun, or mez. Or even clr.

Eventually. You'll get there. Don't worry about being needed. Just keep going. On the class u like.

Want to be a human monk preaching the ways of quellious, door it!

U seem to like power. So I would suggest sticking with ur mage. At least till 60. U can solo outdoors easily forever. Don't liquidate ur gear if u reroll, just farm a newb weapon and some belts and start at lvl 12 nakedish. Heck, Want to twink an sk? Grab a bone bladed claymore from befallen and some barbed leg, armplates, drop some ringmail or banded on a newbie and go have fun @ orc1.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:18 AM
Aviak

You already got the connection: we’re all here to slay dragons- go with that.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do u enjoy?

Don't worry about endgame.

If u like helping newbs, clr, dru, shm, ench, bard

If like having a pet with little downtime go necro, especially if u like the undead thing

Pulling? Monk, bard, rnger.

Tanking? Pally.

Dps? War, rogue, monk.

Exploring? Ench, rogue.

Afk and booking? Doing yoga, chores? Wizard. Also droughts & lures r desirable.

Cc... any class with root, stun, or mez. Or even clr.

Eventually. You'll get there. Don't worry about being needed. Just keep going. On the class u like.

Want to be a human monk preaching the ways of quellious, door it!

U seem to like power. So I would suggest sticking with ur mage. At least till 60. U can solo outdoors easily forever. Don't liquidate ur gear if u reroll, just farm a newb weapon and some belts and start at lvl 12 nakedish. Heck, Want to twink an sk? Grab a bone bladed claymore from befallen and some barbed leg, armplates, drop some ringmail or banded on a newbie and go have fun @ orc1.
So to sum up my thoughts on all the classes thoughout each reroll I've done.

Bard: Probably the one class I really haven't tried. The skill it seems to require kind of scares me tbh. It does have quite a bit going for it though and can do almost anything.

Cleric: I like them, especially Innoruuk clerics. They have some pretty spell effects and I did relish the thought of people having to kiss my ass for rezzes later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just worry about how much I'd really be able to do on my own. It is important, there will be those nights. They also don't seem to be great at travel; to get merely the basics (invis, sow, levitate) would be expensive as hell.

Druid: Has a lot I do like. Lots of travel, very useful outdoors. I am actually considering this one right now. Biggest downside is not being able to do much indoors and not being able to hang out in certain evil areas that I like.

Enchanter: Is also a class I like thematically, but skill-wise seems pretty daunting. The giant thread about that I have on the front page right now says it all. xD

Magician: I'm also considering sticking with this one. I only worry about my desirability in raids as mentioned, as well as their brutally punishing epic. I do dream of getting one of those one day and the epic difficulty is something I am taking into account with my choice. Which brings me to...

Monk: Easy epic, good at soloing, decent at getting around. I just don't really like iksar. I've tried getting into them but I'm just not really a fan of their flavor. I could go human, but knowing iksar exist I'd feel honestly pretty gimped, and I know that sitting there waiting to heal after every fight I'd curse myself not picking iksar.

Necromancer: I like the class, but again, see above. I would want to be a human or dark elf necromancer as Innoruuk is probably my favorite deity in the game, but while he's withering away from his lich spells I'd have to watch that iksar necromancer run by laughing.

Paladin: Heard they're not great soloers, would have many of the same issues as the cleric, and I wouldn't even get to hang out in my favorite evil places either. The silver lining was how unique they are (a /who all paladin count is showing 15 paladin players out of 747 players online right now lols) and how cool they look. Especially Erudite Paladins, with their plate robe look.

Ranger: Lot I like about them, even despite their reputation. A female wood elf ranger wearing full crystal chitin from Velious is one of the most badass looks ever. I worry about their ability to solo though. What good is tracking a rare if you can't really take it on?

Rogue: Easiest epic, great at exploring dungeons, simple and very effective roles in a raid. This one I'm strongly considering too. It's their total reliance on groups that worries me the most.

Shadow Knight: Honestly, I think I would go SK right now if I could just figure out whether there was a reliable way to shrink for them. I'd feel compelled to go ogre, which isn't bad because ogres are pretty cool, but the thought of crouching through everything just to get through Neriak is a big turnoff.

Shaman: I've tried like hell to get into this class but I can't seem to pull myself out of the excrutiatingly painful low levels.

Warrior: Egh...

Wizard: Thematically I love this class, but my last attempt went badly. Was killing crag spiders in EK, got three resists in a row on one, tried to get help as I had literally nothing I could do to escape. The nearby group laughed at me as it ate me up, then they took the kill for themselves. I went to go sell my gear right then and there. Maybe I could try it again though, as I really did just have a bad day that day. The biggest concerns with the class is how helpless it is when caught with no mana, and how much it could really get done by itself beyond quad kiting in very specific areas.

So those are my experiences thus far. Sorry for the long-winded post here. Disclaimer, I didn't get many of them very high level, so my perceptions could be entirely wrong at higher levels. Please feel free to inform me there so I can make a more informed decision.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:02 AM
Orc

Default End Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abukii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join a casual guild then cry about a hardcore guild getting all the loot.
Not sure if you were around when the monthly open raids existed, but it was a really bad experience for several reasons. Open raids were cancelled, but now the end game is basically join Seal Team to participate in open raids (zerg) EVERY weekend. Except all the loot goes to the top 50 people in the guild who literally have no lives. These are people that wouldn't attend a family funeral if Trak's in window. If you want to experience end game content, you have to grind with/for these miserable people in a zerg-like setting where your class doesn't matter. When your class doesn't matter, what's the point in playing Everquest?

Player turnover is an issue on Green for this reason.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if you were around when the monthly open raids existed, but it was a really bad experience for several reasons. Open raids were cancelled, but now the end game is basically join Seal Team to participate in open raids (zerg) EVERY weekend. Except all the loot goes to the top 50 people in the guild who literally have no lives. These are people that wouldn't attend a family funeral if Trak's in window. If you want to experience end game content, you have to grind with/for these miserable people in a zerg-like setting where your class doesn't matter. When your class doesn't matter, what's the point in playing Everquest?

Player turnover is an issue on Green for this reason.
Is that all true? Damn...

I thought there were other, more inclusive and viable raiding guilds I could join later, as well as the open raids I heard about. Are those really not a thing anymore?

Maybe a swap to blue is in order but I'd hate to leave behind my box of abu-kar lol.
Closed Thread