Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-16-2016, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Default Forage gives food 3x more than water

Is this on purpose and/or classic?

I bound my movement keys to include a forage/autoinventory and after several days, I consistently have to destroy stacks of food (rabbit meat, fruit, roots, vegetables), but Pod of Water pretty much stays there at 10 stack items.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Large Rat

From my memory, this is classic. From what I recall of live in the distant past, it was not until a fairly high foraging skill that I kept up with water. (It wasn't until the higher levels that I found it safe to use the good quality stat food & water while remaining full on forage.)

I'm a 22 Ranger with 115 skill on P99 now and only kinda keeping up with it: I do have a few stacks of water in reserve, and sometimes see my foraged water amount steadily decreasing or increasing depending on luck of the forage; I'm almost always full with food.

I believe the foraging chances were fairly evenly split between the basic roots/fruit/berries/rabbit/veggies/water (/grubs?) such that you would always receive significantly more food than water on success.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010404.html

Quote:
APRIL 4, 2001

Foraging changed so that if you are getting the hungry and thirsty messages, your next successful forage will always be drink or food. We have also decreased the chance of foraging fishing grubs a bit and increased the chance that you will forage water.
Classic, but should be fixed by this point. The foraging the correct item when you're hungry or thirsty was attempted to be added, but is not actually working on P1999.