Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said, rangers do have some spells that will get them better DPS one way or another. So, that might even it out.
This is true and something no one ever thinks about or considers. Whatever dps increase that an entire melee group gains from the +atk of call of the predator directly goes to the ranger's dps. Plus all the other groups that this ranger has buffed. If no ranger was at the raid then that dps wouldn't be there.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

If a BFG ranger gets out DPSed by a warrior on any raid mob then they either got extremely unlucky from fears or they are extremely bad.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone who says ranger doesn't know what they are talking about. Triple attack with a 2h is better than 2.5 second nukes any day. The real competition for rangers is between monks.
Last edited by Naethyn; 11-07-2016 at 01:32 PM..
Old 11-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who says ranger doesn't know what they are talking about. Triple attack with a 2h is better than 2.5 second nukes any day. The real competition for rangers is between monks.
The cast time isn't actually 2.5 seconds.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, wiki data is way off for ranger/druid spells. Call of Flame for instance is half a second, it's practically 0 impediment to melee damage with an 18-second cooldown. I kinda look at it like ranger's version of Flying Kick.

In any case, what Naethyn is suggesting is that warriors consistently out DPS monks, which definitely doesn't align with my playing experience. I mean, I'm taking in all factors here - monk epic haste makes a big difference (even with a haster), ranger clicky cloak makes a big difference, the fact that Swiftwind is 40% haste and probably easier to obtain than the warrior 40% haste items makes a big difference, etc. Call of Fire damage is also pretty significant, even though some of it will be counteracted by time wasted casting jolt.

If we're pitting ranger against warrior as a group's tank with only their own resources, then ranger is going to out DPS warrior every time. And cost the cleric way more mana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-07-2016 at 02:05 PM..
Old 11-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

I keep dps charts of every fight I attend and the reality is this.

Damage Shield > Berserk Precision 2H Warrior > Enchanter/Necro/Druid Charm > Rogue > Warrior No Disc > Monk/Ranger > Paladin/Shadowknight

Wizards and Mages don't show up on the parse.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

If your Rangers aren't trueshotting, then yeah, that's about right (our monks generally beat no disc warriors though). You won't see the nukes, but there's a short list of raid mobs that are worth casting on.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

You haven't parsed a BFG ranger who knows how to use BFG then. And parsing a raid encounter with disciplines and all the factors that go into raiding like mob AC, AoE fears, etc. is going to look a lot different than parsing in a group.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-07-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Old 11-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Lol - yes, yes I have. A bfg ranger does 112 dps to vindi. A berserk precision warrior does 136 dps. A good rogue is 120. Just as example. It's you who haven't seen a competent dps war with a Gaudralek.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, I don't think so. I've seen ranger do way more than 112 - most rangers are pretty lazy though and don't use good arrows for raid bosses.

My original argument was about rangers in a group role anyway. I misspoke here cause I wasn't considering warrior offensive discs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a BFG ranger gets out DPSed by a warrior on any raid mob then they either got extremely unlucky from fears or they are extremely bad.
A BFG ranger that does not suck, however, will *easily* out DPS rogues.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-07-2016 at 02:23 PM..
Closed Thread