Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-10-2022, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets assume it is the case how exactly are you saving the raid, then? you can't rez them where they died. You cant summon corpse to rez since non-gnomes will get aggro. Do you corpse summon/rez an elite crew of gnomes who are gonna clear the mobs you apparetly already wiped to?
When you are in the same zone you can get shrunk before taking a rez and the shrink will persist through accepting the rez.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-11-2022, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

seems like a quite a story. Your raid wipes, and not surpisningly since your raid wiped in the first place it also violated the long held primary golden raiding rule which is to have a safe camp area to logout/regroup/pulll corpses, then there is a magical gnome only hiding spot, and the raiders somehow easily return to the raid zone but not to their actual corpses.

it's a fun story!
Old 08-13-2022, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Snare neck is incredibly useful if you're duoing with an Ench/Mage/Monk/War. Increases your mana efficiency and safety noticeably.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare neck is incredibly useful if you're duoing with an Ench/Mage/Monk/War. Increases your mana efficiency and safety noticeably.
Do you have any evidence to back this up? I have videos showing the inefficacy of the snare neck. Root only costs 30 mana, and with a 6 second cast time on snare neck you are losing a med tick most likely, which is 20+ mana at level 60.

You need to show an actual need to snare the mob instead of just letting it run (i.e. a tight camp) so other people can test it. Preference does not mean it's actually saving mana or increasing safety.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-13-2022 at 02:16 PM..
Old 08-13-2022, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

DSM is basically UCF with a guild tag still
Old 08-13-2022, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM is basically UCF with a guild tag still
Please leave the nonsense in RnF. Saying random stuff doesn't mean anything[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know you are trying to be funny (or whatever that is), but it's just sad. None of your poor attempts have worked so far. Most people won't get the reference, and it isn't even true lol.

I'll try your "humor". Ripqozko is basically *random user* without a guild tag. So funny /sarcasm.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-13-2022 at 02:33 PM..
Old 08-13-2022, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Folks who keep wanting to take their dumb memes and inane "humor" and other content-less posts out of RNF do get tiresome. Would prefer they keep it where it belongs.

------------------------------------------

Guk's an obvious place where you get a lot of flee'ers and where a snare can save some healing vs. using root in a low-damage duo. I wouldn't call it strictly necessary but I don't think anyone is, just nice to have. I still don't call the snare click nice enough to pick a race solely because of it, but if you play one of those races of course you'll get it and use it when appropriate.

Danth
Old 08-13-2022, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Root sucks for fleeing cleric giants. Was doing KT gatehouse today and we wiped because we had to root instead of snare.

That said, we were able to reorganise our positioning strategy so that we were able to do without snare. A bit more mental load and organisation (which is a tick in the innoruuk box), but yeah it can be planned around (a tick in the outtoruuk box).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-13-2022, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have any evidence to back this up? I have videos showing the inefficacy of the snare neck. Root only costs 30 mana, and with a 6 second cast time on snare neck you are losing a med tick most likely, which is 20+ mana at level 60.

You need to show an actual need to snare the mob instead of just letting it run (i.e. a tight camp) so other people can test it. Preference does not mean it's actually saving mana or increasing safety.
You don't seem to appreciate the major benefit of snare over root, especially when you're duoing, which means that mobs don't die super quickly and mana efficiency is more important. If you root a mob, your duo partner must tank the last 20% of the mob's HP, which costs you extra mana for heals. If you don't root the mob, your duo partner is chasing the mob around as they flee, which can be very bad in certain locations. Or you can click your snare neck, and your duo partner faces neither of these concerns. It's a major convenience.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't seem to appreciate the major benefit of snare over root, especially when you're duoing, which means that mobs don't die super quickly and mana efficiency is more important. If you root a mob, your duo partner must tank the last 20% of the mob's HP, which costs you extra mana for heals. If you don't root the mob, your duo partner is chasing the mob around as they flee, which can be very bad in certain locations. Or you can click your snare neck, and your duo partner faces neither of these concerns. It's a major convenience.
That is not the problem. Snares are great. The problem is Snare Neck specifically is using Clinging Darkness. It has a 36 second duration, the clickie has a 6 second cast, and the snare is bad. It really isn't much different from a root at that point. Even a root that breaks fairly early is going to last a few ticks in most cases.

You can't even snare, camp out, and come back in due to how short it is. You are probably wasting more mana trying to spam the snare clickie (instead of just medding) as opposed to simply killing the mob and only rooting it when necessary.

Snare Neck would be much better if it had a better snare. Sadly it does not, so it's not really useful in most situations over root. I would love to see some videos/data that proves otherwise. From my testing so far I haven't found any useful situations for it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-13-2022 at 06:03 PM..