Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:42 AM
Planar Protector

Default DPS difference between Ranger and Warrior?

Wondering how much of a difference there is DPS wise between a Ranger and Warrior (non-proc weapons/not tanking)? Rangers and Warriors can use most of the same weapons, right? So shouldn't their DPS be similar, just defenses that separate them?
Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

They are roughly equitable until the ranger croaks it from AoEs or stealing aggro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2016, 06:29 AM
Banned

Rangers have abilities that give them more attack.. and...trueshot discipline weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Fire Giant

Warriors will have more DPS while they are below 40% HP. You can't make an ogre ranger (would be cool though), so most warriors will have higher strength score, unless the ranger is heavily twinked. That said, rangers do have some spells that will get them better DPS one way or another. So, that might even it out.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

A warrior below 40% can be the 2nd highest dps behind rogue
Old 11-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger with BFG + Trueshot can out DPS rogues.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers have atk buffs to decrease the gap created by lower offensive skill caps and can weave nukes between melee rounds in faster paced groups, or dots in slow groups, which puts them on par with or ahead of non-berserking warriors. Once they get moved to the same damage tables as warriors they'll be dong better yet ^^
Old 11-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Warriors have critical hits at all hp % and crippling blows under 40% war > ranger. Also war get tripple attack at lvl 60

Warriors can even crit with bows making them better then rangers with bow before discs

If your a well geared well hasted individual casting a bad DoT or low dd nuke will only hurt your dps
Last edited by hillgiantchamp; 11-07-2016 at 12:36 PM..
Old 11-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

As far as general group DPS goes, I'd say a good ranger would consistently out DPS a good warrior, but an average ranger would be on par with a bad warrior. One thing that makes a big difference is Dark Cloak of the Sky - even with a haster I always have mine bound, so when haste drops or gets dispelled the cloak haste takes over right away. In outdoor zones rangers have Greater Wolf Form which is a significant DPS boost, not to mention Strength of Nature and Call of the Predator (which rangers should always be casting on their group members). There's also Call of Fire which makes both weapons proc a 68 nuke, which draws a lot of aggro but can be managed (by a good ranger) with jolt. There's also Calefaction - a 450 nuke, but also a significant mana drain and not terribly sustainable if used regularly, and also draws aggro. I usually opt for Call of Flame which does 206 and has a faster cast time for half the mana. And lastly, if tanking the ranger's damage shields stack pretty nicely and add up to about 26 damage per hit.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors can even crit with bows making them better then rangers with bow before discs
Rangers also critically hit with bows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your a well geared well hasted individual casting a bad DoT or low dd nuke will only hurt your dps
Not necessarily true for Call of Flame and Calefaction - the other nukes are too little for too long of a cast time. I agree with you on DoTs though - the only DoT a ranger should ever mem in a group is Flame Lick.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-07-2016 at 12:48 PM..
Closed Thread