Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-09-2022, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Default Trio, would you enc/enc/clr or?

Just curious on thoughts, I go back and forth.

A buddy and I casually play a couple hours a few days a week and did enc/clr, only lvl 13. I am the ench. Had a buddy want to join us and he is playing enc.

I am debating swapping out my ench for dru or shaman. Would enc/enc be so good as to rule out dru/shm? Probably leaning towards druid for fast travel and occasional double charm.

We probably will never raid or make it to 60 on these chars. The fun argument is irrelevant to me as I would 100% equally enjoy any of the 3 classes.

Looking for input.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Enc Enc Cleric is extremely strong. Realistically, subbing in anything wont make your trio any stronger moving into level 30+ until 60.

Subbing an enc for a tank or something with a reliable pet like necro/mage MIGHT be nice, but realistically, Enc enc cleric should just absolutely mow once you guys are high enough to reliably charm.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enc Enc Cleric is extremely strong. Realistically, subbing in anything wont make your trio any stronger moving into level 30+ until 60.

Subbing an enc for a tank or something with a reliable pet like necro/mage MIGHT be nice, but realistically, Enc enc cleric should just absolutely mow once you guys are high enough to reliably charm.
Yeah, I figured that once it takes off in the 30s It will be unstoppable. I guess my thoughts are trying to weigh the value in binding at the zone line where we hunt while being able to go to EC to buy or wherever to grab spells without the long journey since we only play 2-3 hours at a time. I suppose if we each just make the journey on our own time it isn't that bad.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:29 AM
Kobold

Enc / Dru / Clr ... SOW, Ports, Heals, Charms...
Old 07-11-2022, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enc / Dru / Clr ... SOW, Ports, Heals, Charms...
Yeah that's what we decided on, the convenience/extra safety will far out weigh the bit more DPS and non-stackable buffs/debuffs.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2022, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Clr / Enc / War

Have your best player play enchanter. Cleric because rez. Warrior because your cleric can get in endgame raiding and equip the strongest class in the game.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Or monk for safe pulls and great group content tank /nod
Old 07-11-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's what we decided on, the convenience/extra safety will far out weigh the bit more DPS and non-stackable buffs/debuffs.

Thanks!
A bit more DPS?

You're cutting your dps basically in half and adding zero outside of ports / evacs. Unless you plan on sticking strictly to zones where the druid can charm animals, this is a total waste. Don't even try to justify it w/ druid nukes / dots, they are garbage.

As others have said, if you want a 3rd that isn't another enc, go monk or warrior. You get the safety in not having 2 charms break at once while maintaining some semblance of reasonable dps That is the holiest of trinities.
Last edited by Toxigen; 07-11-2022 at 01:55 PM..
Old 07-12-2022, 09:27 AM
Fire Giant

nobody suggesting necro? nifty utility and charm/pet
Old 07-12-2022, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

enc enc cle. Nothing is comparable.