Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Contrary to popular belief, "Lull" line and "Rest the dead" line aren't the same line. One works on everything (level capped) the other only works on undead.

Rest the dead has no positive charisma check for crit fails while the Lull line does. That's why Necros/SK's aren't advised to gather cha gear.

Paladins, clerics and enchanters with high cha gear can pretty much waltz anywhere. The difficulty is ofcourse in that same order. Paladin, while they can lull, in case of a crit resist are up shit's creek, while cleric can mem blurr after a successful lull and enchanter can do it even better.

Most people use Calm in most situations thought, because it reduces the aggro radius the most out of all the spells. Lull is also lower level capped.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people use Calm in most situations thought, because it reduces the aggro radius the most out of all the spells. Lull is also lower level capped.
This is all wrong.

Most people use calm because it is enough of an aggro radius reduction while being pretty cheap on Mana and lasting 3 minutes. Lull reduction is too small for some situations, but it's cheap and lasts a long time still (and as far as I've seen in using it, it doesn't actually have a level limit on p99, at least not compared to calm and definitely not low enough that anything you'd actually dare casting it on will be unaffected). The higher level spells (pacify, etc) have larger reductions than calm but cost a lot more Mana and have shorter durations, so they go unused.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-30-2019 at 06:34 AM..
Old 05-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

I will say that coming up as a necro I would literally never use lull because it seemed like the resist chance was always 50% and the crit resist chance at least 25%. I have only recently started using it at lvl60 and it seems to have much more success. . . but only because I outlevel the mobs by at least 12 or 13 levels (HS North or West mobs).

Resist rates, OVERALL, seem unusually high in P99. Trying to land snare/fear on mobs (specifically in my mid to late 20s) was always a chore and I'd have to expect numerous resists even on blue con mobs before anything would land. When you are not twinked (i.e: have a low mana pool), it really makes soloing much less efficient than you'd expect it to be despite the fact that you aren't taking any damage.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Developer

OP has inspired me. I should look at how lull works ASAP!!!!

But thanks for the reminder. It may need a revamp.

H
Old 05-08-2019, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP has inspired me. I should look at how lull works ASAP!!!!

But thanks for the reminder. It may need a revamp.

H
Good guy Haynar. My necro waits in anticipation!