Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 11:28 PM
Large Bat

Default Enchanter Animation

I was looking over the pet guide https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide and the animations stats are pretty close to the other classes. How would a buffed up animation stand up to a slowed mob at higher levels? Just trying to see if they can withstand a beating.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Fire Giant

If you can land a slow on it and keep it hasted and boomed, it can solo some pretty tough low 50s mobs. Especially if you cast a bedlam or rune on it to keep it alive.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

It’s actually a very strong pet. It only suffers in that it cannot be commanded.

I never appreciated how good it was until I was doing a trio in Kael arena on my shaman with a 60 monk and higher level enchanter. With just the monk and shaman pet (didn’t have epic yet or the 56/59 dot) it was slow going as the mobs regen quickly. The enchanter joined us and popped out summon pet. He’d either tash early or root and step in close to get hit once to trigger the pet to engage. Quadding quickly for 48, it massively improved our kill time in overpowering the regen. At max summon it’s level 48 and has 3200hp unbuffed. It’s a very capable tank that puts out decent damage.

The only problem is that you can’t direct it to attack and you can’t pull it off if needed.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s actually a very strong pet. It only suffers in that it cannot be commanded.

I never appreciated how good it was until I was doing a trio in Kael arena on my shaman with a 60 monk and higher level enchanter. With just the monk and shaman pet (didn’t have epic yet or the 56/59 dot) it was slow going as the mobs regen quickly. The enchanter joined us and popped out summon pet. He’d either tash early or root and step in close to get hit once to trigger the pet to engage. Quadding quickly for 48, it massively improved our kill time in overpowering the regen. At max summon it’s level 48 and has 3200hp unbuffed. It’s a very capable tank that puts out decent damage.

The only problem is that you can’t direct it to attack and you can’t pull it off if needed.
Max enchanter animation will hit for 56. It's beefy and will out tank a mage epic pet when paired with all of the enchanter abilities(slow, boon, rune, etc.). As long as you let it do it's thing while controlling everything else that's happening around you, it's a nice change of pace from charming to kill a higher level mob or farm greens.

I never bothered using any of the other animations, but when I got the 55 spell randomly in a seb group drop, it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable parts about my enchanter.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Doh you’re right max is 56. My brain farted.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-23-2019, 05:35 PM
Kobold

ive farmed pained soul as pet. yea enc pet is very useful tho
Old 06-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

I soled/duoed/occasionally trioed with nothing buy animations to49ish on both red and blue with minimal effort....its safe and reliable. charming is fun but the animation is not be dismissed easily.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I soled/duoed/occasionally trioed with nothing buy animations to49ish on both red and blue with minimal effort....its safe and reliable. charming is fun but the animation is not be dismissed easily.
to add on to this comment, I've been doing the same, currently up to 30 and I've come up with some conclusions.

1) animations are separated by a tier gap that happens every 12 levels orso.
2) they do have starting gear that's dependent on this tier system.
3) at the end of every tier they are horrible and not as reliable as far as damage or even tanking goes. (probably where the myth that charm is good came from)

I can't say much as far as late game goes, but I'd say 30 is pretty decent middle ground. From my experience, it depends more on the Tier jump at how effective your animation will be. Animations get a massive boost every tier jump and become incredibly more effective than the previous tier every time.

They are fairly reliable tanks.. DPS can be hit or miss, alacrity(haste) seems to make a huge difference in DPS for shiny bob.
I feel like more testing needs to be done with AC on enchanter animations to see how much of a difference that makes, because getting some buffs on them seems to make them go insanely tanky sometimes. maybe they start with low AC or something?
Old 06-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

The Troll Continues...
Lvl 30 ench max pet lvl 26 has 850hp hits for 28dmg

Charmed lvl 25 rogue NPC has 950hp hits for 50-56dmg and backstabs for 170ish(this pet can also be controlled and any items you give it can be retrieved when done).

We are talking 2-3x as much damage by charming. This gap only widens the higher lvl you get.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Troll Continues...
Lvl 30 ench max pet lvl 26 has 850hp hits for 28dmg

Charmed lvl 25 rogue NPC has 950hp hits for 50-56dmg and backstabs for 170ish(this pet can also be controlled and any items you give it can be retrieved when done).

We are talking 2-3x as much damage by charming. This gap only widens the higher lvl you get.
oh hey btw wall I found an item not listed on the wiki that my animation dropped after I killed it, should I upload it to the wiki so that there's more clarity in what the starting gear of animations are? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread