Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where exactly did they get the current resist rates? And what planet did the charisma component of an enchanter spell become a benefit instead of a liability?
You’d have to ask the devs.

And if it’s an extra save check, it can’t be anything other than a benefit because it provides an extra opportunity to save a failure (essentially the crit resist chance is reduced...)
Old 03-27-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’d have to ask the devs.

And if it’s an extra save check, it can’t be anything other than a benefit because it provides an extra opportunity to save a failure (essentially the crit resist chance is reduced...)
Charisma component was a liability in classic, not a benefit. If you had extremely high charsma, you'd be on equal footing with any-old-necro in charming/lulling undead.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charisma component was a liability in classic, not a benefit. If you had extremely high charsma, you'd be on equal footing with any-old-necro in charming/lulling undead.
I’ve never heard this before - so provide some evidence and you might get this changed.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve never heard this before - so provide some evidence and you might get this changed.

You never heard of it because you never played classic.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You never heard of it because you never played classic.
Unclassic but current evidence supports that charisma is an extra save chance.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...arisma.220085/
Old 03-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

"Yes it is. It varies on a number of spells to its actual usefulness but it does have a use. There are different levels of charisma for different classes. The system does take into account that an Enchanter should have a higher charisma than say a Necromancer. It�s unfair to expect masters of the undead to be entirely charismatic. "

This means the charisma check is often not a benefit but a penalty which punishes certain classes more than others. Said in another way, a 100 charisma necro is better at holding charm than a 100 charisma enchanter.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
"Yes it is. It varies on a number of spells to its actual usefulness but it does have a use. There are different levels of charisma for different classes. The system does take into account that an Enchanter should have a higher charisma than say a Necromancer. It�s unfair to expect masters of the undead to be entirely charismatic. "

This means the charisma check is often not a benefit but a penalty which punishes certain classes more than others. Said in another way, a 100 charisma necro is better at holding charm than a 100 charisma enchanter.
That doesn’t at all say that it’s a penalty. It says that the calculation is different for different classes, and you completely disregarded all the evidence that says it’s another save, which means it can only be a benefit to that particular class.

AFAIK (because I don’t have a necro), on p99 there is no charisma check for necros and enchanters have that check, so I would expect better results for an enchanter than a necro given similar conditions because there is an additional chance to save calm.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That doesn’t at all say that it’s a penalty. It says that the calculation is different for different classes, and you completely disregarded all the evidence that says it’s another save, which means it can only be a benefit to that particular class.

AFAIK (because I don’t have a necro), on p99 there is no charisma check for necros and enchanters have that check, so I would expect better results for an enchanter than a necro given similar conditions because there is an additional chance to save calm.
So if I require black people to pay twice as much in taxes to not go to jail than white pieople, is that a penalty or a benefit. Let me know.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
So if I require black people to pay twice as much in taxes to not go to jail than white pieople, is that a penalty or a benefit. Let me know.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
Old 03-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Who the fuck is talking about nazis? My analogy was intended to show you the difference of a restive penalty versus an absolute one. But you seem a little short in the chromosomal department.
Closed Thread