Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razdeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who has been having success with this?

The gap between PC and Tablets is comming to a close.
Extremely doubtful, this is said every few years. Tablets have inherent usability issues
for long periods
, an external keyboard does help but it will never fully replace a PC. They certainly have their place for things but they won't replace PC's just like 'the cloud' won't replace local storage.

So far as getting it to work, you're out of luck unless it's an x86/Intel based tablet since
EQ binaries would need to be recompiled to work on ARM and most tablets are ARM architecture.
Tzartole (62 MNK) epic 1.0
Last edited by cadiz; 05-14-2013 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: redundancy
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am running EQ on Windows 8 with no issues on a desktop PC. I did have to full around with allowing it to run as Admin and set compatibility to XP service pack 3 though.

There were issues prior to doing those things. I would crash zoning sometimes and almost always crash when I logged out as well. All those troubles are no more however.
How did you get this to work? I have a new desktop with windows8 as well. I have mine set to run as Admin and compatible to XP service pack 3 like you. I can select a server from the list (project1999 and such) but when I click play everquest, the window resizes to a corner of my monitor and ceases to function. I have to log out of my profile on the computer in order to clear it, as windows8 has some real issues with ending programs that stall out.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How did you get this to work? I have a new desktop with windows8 as well. I have mine set to run as Admin and compatible to XP service pack 3 like you. I can select a server from the list (project1999 and such) but when I click play everquest, the window resizes to a corner of my monitor and ceases to function. I have to log out of my profile on the computer in order to clear it, as windows8 has some real issues with ending programs that stall out.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Had this issue as well need to download WinEq and should fix it
Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Banned

I have a Surface RT I got for free at a convention in TX. I wonder if it will play EQ..
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had this issue as well need to download WinEq and should fix it
I just tried downloading WinEq and I got the 2.04 version. It didn't work. What version did you have?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a Surface RT I got for free at a convention in TX. I wonder if it will play EQ..
Looks like you're out of luck with the RT as it's an ARM device unless you can find/steal the original source code for titanium and compile it.
Tzartole (62 MNK) epic 1.0
Old 08-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Aviak

I love to Android version for Tegra2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] to play on my TF101G

Everquest 1 (1998) : Jarina Lepetiot (The Rathe) - SHM
Everquest 2 : Jarinah - Bear SHM
Vanguard : Jarina - SHM
Starwars Galaxies : Jarina - MBH
Pirates of the Burning Sea : Jarina - Pirate
Matrix Online : Jarina - Don't remember
SWGEmu : Jarina - MBH
Closed Thread