Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Default Windowed mode low FPS

Hey!

I’m having some issues running p99 I’m windowed mode all of a sudden. It has been working fine for a long time but today I get like 10 FPS when trying to play. It works fine in full screen but I would prefer windowed mode anyway.

Any idea what could be the issue? I haven’t changed any settings and it worked a couple of days ago
Old 10-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Have you tried fiddling with the framerate slider in the options panel? That thing affects the game in an odd way.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

When you go to windowed mode, is the EQ window still in focus? Mine runs fine, but the second I click out to choose a new video in firefox next to it my fps drops way down. I also plummet if I'm levitating over something. I've seen that mentioned before so it may just be a client limitation.

-Mcoy
Old 10-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried fiddling with the framerate slider in the options panel? That thing affects the game in an odd way.
Aye, it was at 60 and I tried moving it around but it didn’t really change anything
Old 10-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you go to windowed mode, is the EQ window still in focus? Mine runs fine, but the second I click out to choose a new video in firefox next to it my fps drops way down. I also plummet if I'm levitating over something. I've seen that mentioned before so it may just be a client limitation.

-Mcoy
Weird thing is I used to have this problem as well. Now however it’s the opposite, when the window is in focus it’s lagging but when it’s not in focus it flows like normal
Old 10-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Kobold

I did a lot of fiddling with configuration, reinstalling the game and rerunning duxa installer but nothing helped. Then I went into graphic card settings and turned off g-sync for windowed apps at it seems like it helped. Not 100% sure what actually was the solution but at least g-sync settings could be the problem, in case anyone else has similar problems in the future.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:45 PM
Orc

Default Fixed my issue too

Necroing this thread to confirm.

I had this issue on a different EQ emu server. Focused window FPS was 5ish, Background was OK.

I disabled Gsync (fullscreen and windowed), and it cleared it up. Thanks Nordbear!
--------
Xegony - Samadcit 60 Human Monk <Circle of Valor>