Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I keep a bag in my bank filled with vendor instruments for CR's.
Yep, me too. And after recovering the corpse, one of the first things I do is put them back in the bank.

I love my bard. We are squishy soloing in dungeons. Not so much in groups. I have offered many times to be just the sound track to the battle instead of an active melee-er. But most groups want me to add whatever tiny DPS I can. What I try to do then is be kinda like a relief tank when needed, and emergency CC. I seem to work best being a minor tank with a good rogue.

I also don't think the bard should always be the primary puller, although most groups expect it. I prefer to stay back and help the casters save mana with heal/clarity while the puller goes out. That way, I can switch instantly into the buff songs when he comes back, and the casters have saved a meager, but perhaps important, amount of mana.
Last edited by larper99; 04-08-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might be right, but leveling one twice feelsbadman. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you actually like playing a class, playing it again isn't really a drag. I have had like 8 bards over the years, a couple rangers, and am on warrior #2 in the past year.

By your logic, if you want to play a necro come kunark, you should play something with a completely different play style or else it's basically "leveling twice" the same way. In which case, I suggest druid.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

Enchanter is great, but you must be on point or you're going to die, and kill your group. You will test how fast you can run to take a piss for sure.

I'd vote necro.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, me too. And after recovering the corpse, one of the first things I do is put them back in the bank.

I love my bard. We are squishy soloing in dungeons. Not so much in groups. I have offered many times to be just the sound track to the battle instead of an active melee-er. But most groups want me to add whatever tiny DPS I can. What I try to do then is be kinda like a relief tank when needed, and emergency CC. I seem to work best being a minor tank with a good rogue.

I also don't think the bard should always be the primary puller, although most groups expect it. I prefer to stay back and help the casters save mana with heal/clarity while the puller goes out. That way, I can switch instantly into the buff songs when he comes back, and the casters have saved a meager, but perhaps important, amount of mana.
Should join my groups - u like to play your Bard same as me it sounds like! Wwaaayyy better for a Monk to pull while the Bard sits in playing heal+Mana.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Remember - rangers have the meme of dying all the time, but they really don't actually..
thats enchanters ;D Enchanters die all the time, but nobody talks about it
Old 04-09-2020, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you actually like playing a class, playing it again isn't really a drag. I have had like 8 bards over the years, a couple rangers, and am on warrior #2 in the past year.
It amazes me how many people seem to play this game despite despising the bulk of it.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Ya lol I enjoy the lower lvls more than the upper levels. IDK something about being able to barely survive and requiring a bit of thought, and effort, vs just being able to roll into a mid lvl zone and kill everything in 1 hit.

There is nothing wrong with doing alternative things, we dont all need to roll a necro and farm fbss's. Thank god for those necros that do though, cuz that camp is long and boring lol.

IMO no matter what OP or anyone decides to do, there will be someone to interact with and something to do to while(sp?) away the time. anyway. This game is what we make of it, just like everything else in life. People can come here healthy and happy and have a good time, or we can bring our baggage with us and struggle through it all. Either way is fine. Some people need a struggle. Others don't. Nothin wrong with either. Or a mixture of said journies.

Bards pretty versatile and can switch paths as needed ) selos is great )

Also, having 10 lvl 5-20's and one lvl 50 is cool and normal, its ok to try out a bunch of characters to lvl 10 or so, u will get a feel for it by then, 20 for sure, and it only takes like --- 3 days logged in time with lots of afk to hit 20?

Before you know it you will have 5 lvl 60s

then u will really wake up lol (

*<3*
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-09-2020 at 09:28 AM..
Old 04-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It amazes me how many people seem to play this game despite despising the bulk of it.
You just described drug addiction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2020, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just described drug addiction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is there is a lot of addiction in 2020 and it has less to do with the actual drugs and game and more to do with the environment we live in.

I feel for these people. It took literally attempting to kill myself multiple times to break that cycle ***NOT RECOMMENDED*** and start enjoying the little things (Like EQ) in my life, and FQ (yes I am posting up a storm) but I am on the road to recovery, and this is no honeymoon phase. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What I am trying to say is if you aren't happy, its not the class you are playing or the pixels you rolled, its WHY you are rollin those pixels and what YOU feel about them, not the pixels themselves. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*bhuddess smiles*
Old 04-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

You may benefit from trying a necro to see if you actually enjoy it. Iksar regen is a strong bonus, but it's not going to change your enjoyment of the class. A trial may be especially beneficial if you haven't previously played an evil class/race. You may avoid waiting to just be disappointed when Iksar are playable. You may also be fine with your power level and decide to keep whichever race you choose.

EQ is still a thing all these years later because it was more about the journey than the destination. The reality of the destination was that it sucked on most servers. Do whatever you want to do and try to meet some cool people along the way.
Closed Thread