Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 03:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinetter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about Kunark brings melees up relative to casters?
Mostly epics I would assume. Casters wield their epics but they do not contribute to DPS nearly as much as melee who actually swing theirs.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aren't rogues actually the most boring class to play in the whole game?
It's basically button mashing, but that can be said for every class for the most part. About the only non boring class in that sense would be a CC class. Otherwise Cleric mashes heal button, rogue mashes backstab button, wizard mashes nuke button, mage mashes pet attack and nuke, tanks mash taunt, some taunt/stun/darkness depending on tank. The game is rather simple in terms of doing your job.

Pullers have a little bit more going on, but they don't like it. Never met someone pulling for a group that didn't take someone up on the offer to let them pull for awhile.

Raiding is different of course. I enjoyed my Rogue on Blue. He was twinked pretty hard though. I imagine it's frustrating starting out as a rogue and not having good weapons.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
melees suck until kunark. I'm not the slightest bit surprised except with the fact so many people somehow find druid enjoyable
No one enjoys druids. They're just easier to level than wizards in order to get the same plat from ports.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casters wield their epics but they do not contribute to DPS nearly as much as melee who actually swing theirs.
*Clears throat really loud*

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] mine does
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 03-29-2020, 08:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Clears throat really loud*

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] mine does
Yeah I forget about mage pet lol He is beastly. Wish Wizards epic had something that useful
Old 03-30-2020, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure how many MAIN rogues there are on P99. I suspect, not too many.

I mained rogue on live and can confirm it's a very straightforward class to play. The only real moments you may actually have decisions to make are during CRs in Hate or something like that. Rest of the time, it's pretty much /assist the tank and press backstab every few seconds.

HOWEVER - due to this precise nature of the class, it's a great class to main if you're an active officer, raid leader or guild leader and/or spend a lot of time in tells and generally dealing with stuff other than killing mobs.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how many MAIN rogues there are on P99. I suspect, not too many.

I mained rogue on live and can confirm it's a very straightforward class to play. The only real moments you may actually have decisions to make are during CRs in Hate or something like that. Rest of the time, it's pretty much /assist the tank and press backstab every few seconds.

HOWEVER - due to this precise nature of the class, it's a great class to main if you're an active officer, raid leader or guild leader and/or spend a lot of time in tells and generally dealing with stuff other than killing mobs.
My first 60 and the most enjoyable character to raid with. A good team of rogues who have a kill participation of 90%+ can speed a raid up significantly.

wtb avatar eventually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-03-2020, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatooMoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the pool of "players" include the 'fake' toons mostly sitting around at zone entrances/exits that are utilized by whoever has admin. privleges and is harassing players by training hostile mobs to them, sabotoging their input/output (mouse and keyboard entry) in the form of DoS, DDoS or similar attacks? It's not just happening to me. I see it happening to other low-level players and I don't think they are aware. There is at least one individual using various characters strategically placed around the world's zones - some of which are naked with garbage/b.s. names while others are geared and relatively high level - to stalk at least me and one other player that I know of. There's definitely something weird going on and it definitely violates the rules based on what the rules state, unless of course it's one more entities with administrative priveleges or that run the server.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mine is 36, and groups are few and far between because people think you suck as a group member. Compared to most others.

I have a lot of fun on mine and will continue to level it.

My cleric is 50 so im done with it for now.
Seriously? I just hit 34 on my Shaman and always look for a Rogue to fill out the final DPS spot in my groups. Mid-30s Rogues BSing in 150 dmg range bufffed out by a Shammny is great IMO

Also duoed with a Rogue last night. Shammy tanking with Slow was pretty efficient!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Large Bat

Couple a questions, since I'm new to p1999. Back during the original release thru Velious I played a wizard, and back then I didn't have much issues finding a group. Has that now changed, just due to the in depth micro-analyzing of damage, stats, etc? I left the game (back then), and came back during PoP days and played a rogue...which did have issues finding groups; which kinda seems the same now based on this thread.

Right now I'm rolling a warrior because I was playing with a friend, but he seems to have kinda trailed off. I may re-roll into either a wizard or rogue, but now curious if it'll just "ruin" my gaming experience if i'll be an outcast so-to-say.

And not sure how much it matters, but my play time isn't vast due to real world obligations. So hoping when I do pop in, i won't be sitting around LFG for a terribly long time. Opinions/suggestions welcome.
Closed Thread