Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prove it to me then, log in and send me a message on Arrigorn.
you dont have to prove anything, this kid is just throwing a tantrum. /ignore him
Old 01-19-2020, 04:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sarnak

How could this happen? I was having so much fun on teal. Reeeeeeeeee!
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't understanding... This isn't just about red. Red was a way to get away from the crap that came from overpopulation on blue beforehand... it got to a point where some of us were happy on an empty 100 man server instead of dealing with a 1000ish populated blue because of the bickering and fighting that went on everyday.

Teal and Green seemed more peaceful after the split than I ever remember being.
They were. There were also agreements in place between existing guilds on both where all parties were happy. This is about to be one huge mess.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nobody has answered this question.. Do people really think 1 server can handle 1.5k people on classic (no planes even yet) without serious congestion (thus fighting over spawns/camps)? The 2 servers at 600+ had issues with overcrowding at times, workable but still crowded. There is just no way 1 server can handle this many people IMHO especially late levels. There is just not room to spread out. This makes no sense logistically that I can see. I'd be curious for Rogean to at least explain the thinking, we might not agree, but at least might have better understanding.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Large Rat

Cool Green Down for Maintenance?

What is the Date for reopening Green Server?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsorenson72 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody has answered this question.. Do people really think 1 server can handle 1.5k people on classic (no planes even yet) without serious congestion (thus fighting over spawns/camps)? The 2 servers at 600+ had issues with overcrowding at times, workable but still crowded. There is just no way 1 server can handle this many people IMHO especially late levels. There is just not room to spread out. This makes no sense logistically that I can see. I'd be curious for Rogean to at least explain the thinking, we might not agree, but at least might have better understanding.
It's either this or cut all drop rates and coin loot in half, what is so hard to understand?
Old 01-19-2020, 05:08 PM
Skeleton

what ever they did , I cant get on blue. It says I need to replace spells_us.txt(731221104) with the correct versions. I have updated (with virus protection off ) and still the the same screen at char. select screen.
there is a link ( Click this link for more information ) but it takes me to a screen that says: You do not have permission to view this page.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsorenson72 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody has answered this question.. Do people really think 1 server can handle 1.5k people on classic (no planes even yet) without serious congestion (thus fighting over spawns/camps)? .
Depends on the mindset of the playerbase.
1500 poopsocking min-maxers would have a hard time.
1500 who wants to experience everything EQ has to offer would not.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was already on the verge of giving up on green as I wasn't able to get into groups as a cleric at lvl 13 with everything always being full, there's no chance in hell for a group now. Going back to live for now, I'll check back in six months. Good luck to all.
Closed Thread