Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 09:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live I remember killing lots if yellow, red, white cons in groups. On green everyone just wants to full group blues and greens. There are also lots of people farming no xp mobs. Sola is a great example of this. Theres almost always a 40+ sitting on kindle but killing everything from freet to cap. Doing this hogs half a dung for 1 person. A full group of 30-35 is too high for a camp like the bar, most 35's can solo it but we full group it on green, killing every mob in the other half of the dung. This is the prob with green. Your all a bunch a greedy, lazy, unskilled bastards that play your toon like a 6 yr old. If your in a grp and your killing greens...
I see what your saying, but then there are old group camps like spires in SK that are now 3 people soloing. There are several places that full groups on live were xping, but on green have high levels farming them. similarly to what you just posted. People on Live grouped way more everywhere then they do here. I hate when I'm somewhere xping and a lvl 50 decides to come in and kill everything to farm. I farm as well but if a group or someone wants to get experience or can get experience from the area it should take priority over a farmer and I move on.

Camping a quest mob or this /list garbage aside I'll say it again. It should be server rules that Group XP should take priority over Farming. But yeah IDK care what dear Brad said 20 years ago, it doesn't apply in practice now.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who don’t want Teal didn’t experience to euphoria of Teal the first time and can’t comprehend it’s glory.
imagine feeling euphoria while playing a video game
Old 04-06-2020, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Imagine never feeling euphoria while playing video games

Play better games or get a new hobby bruh
Old 04-06-2020, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is your fault for not forming a group and claiming the lookout room. People on P99 are scared cucks who won't dare claim a camp according to rules lest someone get mad at them.

Pissing people off is what made EQ fun. Training, telling newbs to /consent you, kill stealing with memory blur, all of it. Not doing it yourself but that it was in the game. It is what drove social behaviour, defined guild character, etc.

Rules are what is wrong with P99. No GM was going to save you in classic EQ because you petitioned someone for KSing.

Even on P99 where the rules DO allow people to split "camps" and force multi group exp people just cry to the devs to add multiple servers so everyone can be happy grouping their favourite instance.

Ultimately I think all amateur emulator projects are doomed to do the same. They want players to be "happy" because it means less bullshit they have to deal with in terms of people crying. Classic EverQuest had the notorious "The Vision" meme because so many people cried all the time that it was too hard, this should be that one, it's too slow, blah blah blah.

Brad had the The Vision to torment people exactly how they needed to be tormented. He is the Architect of the Matrix. People aren't happy unless they're miserable as well. He found out that people want the most punishing environment to experience the highs of overcoming it.

tldr:

In classic EQ to level the fastest meant you had the best social strategy. Limited mobs and other resources including game knowledge meant playing well socially had real value. In P99 EQ to level the fastest simply means finding the highest ZEM camp, claiming it, and putting in the most hours there. In true classic something like the HHK goblin/nobles camps would be utterly unusable due to training, kill stealing, and other efficiency killers. This happened in a minor way on P99 but not to the same extent. That is what made EQ fun when leveling. The challenge of gaming this system and how to interact with the other players to try to avoid killing efficiency.
All this stuff very clearly points to the PVP solution. It makes the social aspect 100000 percent more important. Slime balls are treated like slime and scraped off the boots of good friends.

Its more fun, and you have to stay engaged.

Looking forward to brown 99, will play.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine feeling euphoria while playing a video game
Internet tip: Most of the time if someone uses the term "euphoria" on the internet they're exaggerating because they find it funny.

Yikes.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 04-08-2020, 07:09 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be game for a reopening of Teal!
Why did Teal open and then close? I came to P99 for the first time as soon as this happened and didn't know what was going on.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:31 PM
Aviak

Anyone who thinks the server is over populated is because you are concentrated on soloing (I am victim) and unfortuantly the vast majority of people solo. More grouping and social interaction solves any perception of over population.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Overpopulated is good. Try playing on an underpopulated server.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well said.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
‘Try Red’ posts are frowned upon.
Closed Thread