Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 03-09-2016, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

Default Queen Raltaas revisited

It was listed as spawnable from the March timeline patch last year:

Quote:
Alunova: Queen Raltaas now has a chance to spawn in Dragon Necropolis.
But I've personally not seen her nor have I seen a Queen's Carapace on the market yet (I assume there would at least be one by now since it's been a fair few months).

Is her spawn working? Has anyone seen her?
Old 03-09-2016, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

We had it despawn while pulling trash, ranger said it was at a random spawn point instead of the alla spawn point/wiki spawn in the building that is listed.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Interesting. But yeah he should be a timed based depop/repop spawn in that room (similar to vaniki I believe but not as long as his spawn). I'll need to find that reference
Old 03-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Sarnak

There's a few references about her spawning through a PH inside the building back in 2003:

Quote:
Killed her today. Spawned in a building with 3 other static spider spawns. They were easily single pullable back to where we were camped. 16 people total, we were on our way to look for Vaniki (must...get... willsappers!) but saw her and decided to kill her. Wasn't very tough, probably had around 60k HP.

The building is whitish with rust as pictured above, on the way to the chetari area entrance with the beetle trap, and past the door to Jaled's tomb room... or at least that's what I'd assume it is, the locked door there.
Quote:
She spawns in the room with the odd looking spider. Tried 2 boxing with 65 cleric and 65 ranger, got an add and wiped. Came back with 65 cleric/warrior and 2 boxed it no problem. just make sure to pacify the spiders in the room hiding around the corners and pull the queen out to the zone wall, left of the room (when facing the room entrance.)
With regards to how her spawn works, the only thing I could find is below:

Quote:
2 more weeks of killing ph and no queen. I stopped killing ph and just sat there instead. Watching. I would have the ph targeted and on ext target window. It was not going invis ( try it on a rogue someday). When it despawned and respawned I would have to retarget and put it back on ext target window. Over the past 3 days it has despawned and respawned 7 times that I saw. If I kill the ph, I would have only gotten 2 chances (spawn timer is a pretty consistant 33 - 37 hours from what I have seen). So it seems it is better to not kill the ph. Though I do not know if queen can only spawn from a 'fresh' kill or the despawn / respawn cycle would only repop what it began with. If queen was up, would it depsawn and respawn as a queen or maybe a regular spider? If I ever see Queen up again I will not be watching for that one.

Edit: so some funny stuff after I posted previously. There was a patch the day before, and I was expecting the ph to pop today around the 33- 38 hour mark since servers came up. I was surprised twice. Queen popped and it was only 30 hours 20 minutes. Regardless, I happily went away with 1 Queens Carapace. 36 hours later I see ph up and I plan on revisiting without killing every so often to check on things. several hours later I return to find the ph gone. I wait around to see if maybe it was in a down cycle, but after 15 minutes - no show. I wonder if queen popped and a passer-by got it. I am disappointed to not know. No info from guild or general chat is forthcoming. I leave none the wiser. Come back today thinking it should spawn relatively soon and since its a Monday I can afk while I go out and do things. Fortunately, I seemed to have lucked out on the timing because within 5 minutes queen popped. and I was able to loot 1 carapace, gate, run back and get then 2nd. Keep trying folks, eventually even EQ randomness falls right
Old 03-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

that sounds like a really fun mechanic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lets get this fixed so neckbeards can camp these for the common folk !
Old 03-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

This mob even spawning on Red99? I'm guessing not..